What's new

What would you get if you couldnt yet afford another AT Pro?

MrPoptop

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
89
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cowlitz County, Washington
Detector(s) used
2 AT Pros and a BH Tracker 4
What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

Seriously, what would you get?
I am Half way to enough clad for another ATP for my son.
Is there something worth stopping off on the way to another?
We hunt public land, parks easments etc...
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

I wouldn't have gotten the first one! :tongue3:

Seriously though...why buy another that you already have? Better to get him one that he may, or may not..find targets you miss with and vice versa. Especially if hunting together a lot. :dontknow:
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

Whites M6
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

at pro is a great machine, after all the bugs are worked out. but a bounty hunter quikdraw II is a good one for beginners, and i have found alot of wheats with bhqdII you can find them at a reasonable price.

hh zinc
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

In that price range?? No.... ATP is way under valued.
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

Tesoro Tigershark. seriously considering it, now that my atp is back at garrett a 2nd time.
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

I'd be thinking of a water detector of some kind also like the ATP- but with the issues that keep being reported on that one I've shied away from looking at it closer.... Garett detectors aren't junk in my book, but when you hear more then a few horror stories about the ATP maybe the older models should be avoided...at this point I'd be really careful about picking up one on the used market with no warranty also..

anyone know if the Viper line of water detectors are junk?
$339.95 - it might be in your price range -looking at kellyco's site- but I'd ask Mike at woodland MD first. because he's got the best customer service around....hands down...he would probably be able to point you in the right direction. pm him
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

The Viper isn't junk, just not good value for money. Annoying thing about it is they used the name of the excellent Discovery "Viper" that looked like the Treasure Baron. It was well built, metal boxed and had quad-depth range adjustment 0-5" surface, 6-9 sub surface, 10-14 mid range and 15-30 deep hunter.
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

MrPoptop said:
Seriously, what would you get?
I am Half way to enough clad for another ATP for my son.
Is there something worth stopping off on the way to another?
We hunt public land, parks easments etc...

A clue! :tongue3: :laughing7: Tesoro Compadre :headbang:
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

What he said ^
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

I agree with extractor, get an inexpensive used one send it to garrett for upgrade for $40 get new 2 year warranty and like new atpro from factory for the price you would pay for a lesser detector, and you already know the machine you could jump right into teaching your boy.
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

Was able to dig enough for that other AT Pro thx all.
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

Yes. If it's working for you, do it again. It's not the machine but the mind that hunts. Know your machine and it will produce! TTC
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

I dunno but i spoke with Mike at woodland the other day. i would recommend calling him his stuff is priced correct and he has payment plans and lay aways really nice guy!

http://www.woodlanddetectors.com/
1-855-966-3563
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

TerryC said:
Yes. If it's working for you, do it again. It's not the machine but the mind that hunts. Know your machine and it will produce! TTC
Terry well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

How old is he? An Ace 250 is very kid friendly, and cheap, especially used on ebay.
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

My self I would go with the MXT or MXT-PRO. check on the reviews of the MXT and this is a time proven detector! Thanks- Gary
 
Re: What would you get if you couldn't yet afford another AT Pro?

I would get an Omega 8000 Technetics. Great machine for $600. Light weight. Excellent target separation. Excellent target id and has audio id as well with 3 or 4 tones. Has 3 different frequencies to choose from. Also can be manuelly ground balanced. Good depth. I have an AT Pro and an Omega 8000. I use the AT Pro to hunt around and in lakes. I use the Omega for parks, homesites, school yards or any kind of dry land hunting. I like the tones on the Omega better than the AT Pro because they're sharper and crisper however both are great machines.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom