What's new

✅ SOLVED What would've been the purpose of this?

Mason Jarr

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2012
Messages
517
Reaction score
1,912
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Minelab E-trac
Minelab Equinox 80
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another item from one of my Indian War permissions. It's made of lead. I first thought someone hammered a bullet flat, but I doubt they could've gotten such a uniform thickness and there's no hammer marks that I can see. So it must've been from a sheet of lead. My idea of the purpose at first was a concho, but I don't think it would've been durable enough for that. So then I thought maybe they strung it on a string and made a spinner toy like I've done with a button. Those are my guesses. Anyone ever seen such a thing?
 

Attachments

  • 20210926_175137.webp
    20210926_175137.webp
    275.3 KB · Views: 118
Cool find! Thanks for posting. I remember making those out of wood and tin cans when I was a kid in the 1950's!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom