whats does everybody here do for work?

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went to Central Academy of Dog Grooming while I was in college to be a teacher. I quit at my associates degree and opened my dog grooming salon at my house. I've managed to stay home with my kids and groom. So...I'm a dog groomer. :)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I was a mortgage banker...owned and operated several offices throughout the Midwest including Chicago,Milwaukee,St. Paul, Arlington Heights,Gary Indiana ...etc.....with a little over 300 employees.....Finally said enough because all I did was work. Started downsizing a couple of years ago and finally sold my last 2 offices here in Wisconsin this past July. I want to just enjoy my time with the kids and live a much simplier stress free life from here on out....metal detect ,write ,research ....and have a life. :)

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Gypsyheart said:
I was a mortgage banker...owned and operated several offices throughout the Midwest including Chicago,Milwaukee,St. Paul, Arlington Heights,Gary Indiana ...etc.....with a little over 300 employees.....Finally said enough because all I did was work. Started downsizing a couple of years ago and finally sold my last 2 offices here in Wisconsin this past July. I want to just enjoy my time with the kids and live a much simplier stress free life from here on out....metal detect ,write ,research ....and have a life. :)

never took you to be a banker, not even close to my guesses. Glad you have time for what you do here

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
bridgeendfarm said:
Gypsyheart said:

never took you to be a banker, not even close to my guesses. Glad you have time for what you do here

Haha...I know...Lucky thought I was a librarian...LOL

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a congregational Minister who mostly finds pull-tabs in my spare time ;D

Because I live in a rual town, I also work a secular job as a Respirtory Therapist

Oh and I'm a Dad :)

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a brain surgeon that works for a group who does experimental surgery on people who was born with damage to there frontal lobe. Here is a success story. A few years ago I was assigned a patient who was really in bad shape. A frontal lobotomy and some intense shock therapy treatments and he has done quite well. We all know him as Buckleboy.

KFB

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got home from the doctor i will be disabled soon >:( Not by choice....aa

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
kindafoundabuckle said:
Im a brain surgeon that works for a group who does experimental surgery on people who was born with damage to there frontal lobe. Here is a success story. A few years ago I was assigned a patient who was really in bad shape. A frontal lobotomy and some intense shock therapy treatments and he has done quite well. We all know him as Buckleboy.

KFB
ROFL :D

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Commercial fisherman (lobstering mostly), carpenter, painter, truck driver and was a Firefighter and EMT. Still waiting on my Megabucks or Powerball numbers so I can retire and detect full-time... :D

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Gypsyheart said:
bridgeendfarm said:
Gypsyheart said:

Haha...I know...Lucky thought I was a librarian...LOL

I thought of all the areas I always find bright young ladies at so one my main guesses was a teacher, counselor, or a doctor. Guess I was kinda right as you have all them covered under one spot (being a mom)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a retired world traveler and explorer ( 8 months a year --12 + hours a day --7 days a week for 27 years)--- AKA "merchant seaman" ---a commerical sailor that worked on trade vessels as well as govt supply vessels (ammo ships , jet fuel haulers and military equiptment and supplies), govt intel vessels, telephone cable repair vessels, ocean going - tug and barge vessels , harbor dredges , oil tankers, chemical tankers and propane tankers , and others too.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
ivan salis said:
a retired world traveler and explorer ( 8 months a year --12 + hours a day --7 days a week for 27 years)--- AKA "merchant seaman" ---a commerical sailor that worked on trade vessels as well as govt supply vessels (ammo ships , jet fuel haulers and military equiptment and supplies), govt intel vessels, telephone cable repair vessels, ocean going - tug and barge vessels , harbor dredges , oil tankers, chemical tankers and propane tankers , and others too.

ever do any time on the usns regal?

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I'm now a Domestic Engineer..... ;)

Before that I was Quality Assurance Tech at a nursing home.

texaspapa111

Oct 26, 2005
Cleburne, Texas
retired medical examiner investagator, now trying to keep the ranch running smooth by fixin' fence, feedin' cows, gettin' off and on the tractor half of the day. Detectin', carvin', and wood burnin' are my main interests!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been retired for 15 years and hardly worked when I was employed. Best work and least pay was on a dive boat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread