whats does everybody here do for work?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work Teclom, installing DS-1's, DSL and POTS loops for businesses and homes. Telcom for 35 years.
Worked for General Telephone (Automatic Electric), Wiltel, WorldCom :'( >:( :'(, FDN, NuVox
Hobbies:
Metal detecting
Indian Artifacts
Painting --- Certified Bob Ross Instructor. Landscapes.....also do wildlife in traditional oils. sold some, kept most.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whats does everybody here do for work?
i drink a quart of rum before heading in
then pray that i win the lottery
so when i go to work the next day i can drink 2 quarts of rum

T

trish76642

Im a doctor, lawyer, teacher, nurse, psychiatrist, a maid, a chef,and i have my own taxi service, you guessed it, im a wife and a mother, and i also run my own painting business on the side. (i need a vacation!)

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was a wildlfe biologist/reserve manager/education dude...now I'm a stay at home dad...or "unappreciated house boy" I call it. I'd rather be unappreciated at home than work 60 to 70 unappreciated hours a week for the state for 24 k a year... no masters degree...no chance of advancement.

This is the best internet thing I have found...thanks everyone!

Chitlin

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
OMG Sniffer...that's what I'm talking about...the first photo you posted of the fireplace....that is beautiful! That is what I want. Where they placed the fireplace in my living room...is a bad place, can't re-arrange anything to fit nicely. Ours is made of just brick with a piece of wood for a mantel (ok, they did put molding around it to make it look somewhat classy LOL). I don't like that brick, it was painted over! :( ...don't understand why folks paint brick or molding in the rooms!!! I want to bring the wood back into this house and how you have that shelving area to the right...well, I want my shelving all around, but with more shelves for knick-knacks, photos, DVD's, etc. Hubby finished 3 of the living room window framings and I love what he did. I want him to incorporate that into fireplace and shelving. And I love those stair railings too...we have those 60's iron railings and I DISPISE them so much. I want wood railings, but what you have is really nice too...I may go for a look like that.

You do beautiful work!

We sure do have a rounded work group here!!

Ron is a Professional Printer and has been for over 35 years. He's won many an award for the companies he's worked for over the years (some we have now in our home as they gave them to him, those PIVA things). He is an Assit Scoutmaster, an avid fisherman and diver (when time permits, but work has been keeping him busy of late), loves working with his hands (if I can get him off the couch!!!).

Ann (that's me ;))....I retired from the US Navy in 1995. I was a Yeoman my first two years (Civilian: Secretary :)) and then became an Illustrator Draftsman. I loved it! Advancement however, really "shuckers":)...I retired as a Second Class Petty Officer (not an E-5)...those affiliated with the Navy will understand that meaning! I am by far NOT ashamed to have retired as a Second Class. I am very proud of my achievements and the awards and medals I received and all that GOLD I wore on my left sleeve (and my pension every month)!!! I met many folks, travelled many places, seen things I only dreamt of....I had an adventure and I had excitement!!! I served on 3 ships (ok, two were Destroyer Tenders and one was a Sub-Tender...and my male counterparts would tell me..."those aren't ships..." Grrrrr >:()...but I am a Plankowner of my first ship, the USS Shenandoah (AD-44) (has been decommissioned since Sept 1993 ... Clinton's Cut-Backs). She only served 13.1 years!!!! Fine ship that now rests in the James River Fleet Reserve, to be sold for scrap, and never to sail the seas again! >:(. I also served on the USS Puget Sound (AD-38) (also decom'd) and the USS Emory S. Land (AS-36)...I hated that ship....!!!

I have had various jobs since retiring from the Navy....worked for the Virginian Pilot Newspaper in Advertising for several years, worked for a Real Estate Co (hated that), worked for a hotel, and then travelled with a furniture liquidation company working my way up to Office Manager...but being from home 5-6 months at a time and working 12-14 hour days takes a toll on ones body. Came home and now work part time for a grocery store. I'm a CSR Mgr and they are trying to make me go for Front End Mgr...I don't want that...I want part time, just a few hours a week (which is bet 38-40 hours anyways...UGH)...that's what you get for being DEPENDABLE as they tell me! LOL...I'm also a Domestic Engineer and have been since 1985! However, I've tried that Stay at Home Mommy thing...and I love my kids, but you can only clean your house so much and re-arrange furntiure so often and doing laundry and cooking and sweeping and...well....I love working outside the house!!! (and I need someone to talk too other than SPONGEBOB, BLUE CLUES, BIG BEAR, CARE BEARS, etc...)

However, with recent events happening with my son's school (he's middle school)....I am conteplating reducing my work hours and begin homeschooling! Already have all the required material needed (as I was going to do this when my mom got sick with Cancer...took care of her first until she passed) and my "Letter of Intent" has just been completed....now it's just trying to figure the best way to work all this out so everyone comes out happy and smart!! ;)

I'm a former Webelos Den Leader and now a Committee Member and starting to work on my training for Assist Scoutmaster! We are very involved in Scouting and takes up a good part of our time, but it gets these boys OUTSIDE and OFF THE COMPUTER!!!!!!

We love Metal Detecting whenever we can...winter time we rarely do any...but come Spring :). We are looking forward to the 4 day Pipsico Hunt in March!!!

I am an avid Genealogist....I live it and breathe it....and I am currently working on a book of the PEOPLE OF THE HAMPTON ROADS AREA...the largest family tree of any city!!! When my website is completed (updating it)...I'll post the link and ya'll can see what I do :) ...it aint' much, but I love it!

Trying to get my sons' in a Tech High School....they want to be GAME DESIGNERS and PROGRAMERS...great programs here and working with my oldest boy and teaching him some of the graphic programs and showing him how to design webpages. He needs 3 of 8 projects for his Electronic Portfolio to add to his application for one of the Tech Academies here...we have until the end of Jan (2009) to complete these projects and get him up to par on the programs! We can do it....CAN'T is NOT in my volcabulary!!!

Other than that...we just survive!!!

I'm sorry for being so long winded....it's my nature!! Usually, I'm just a quite, shy girl, but get me started on a subject that I love and forget it.....I'm a MOTOR MOUTH!!! LOL.

Ya'll have an awesome week and HH,
Annmarie

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I work at Jobe Wholesale selling all the treasure hunting goodies I want to dealers everywhere! lol I want atleast one of everything! :D :D

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Doing my 28th year of teaching at our local high school, few years of Army time back in the sixties and seventies, drove cross country for a year (almost died from loneliness) construction for a while, now just a slave to my granddaughter, 4(and a half) year old Kayli.
Looking to retire in 5 years and treasure hunt full time.

grizzly bare

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
I run our family business. We designed an infrared camera for detecting gas emissions. We have 10 employees and have traveled to approx. 20 countries.
Found thousands of gas/chemical leaks all over the world that no one knew was leaking.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Cybercop106 said:
Well, I'm Line-of-Duty, Service-Connected, Disabled-Retired from the Army since 1985 (went in 1979 as an MP, became involved in Terrorist Activity Countermeasures, got shot up but no Purple Heart when you are somewhere you aren't 'supposed' to be.... they DID give me a 70% disability rating tho ;) ). After surgeries, rehab and therapy I got back into policework (stupid!?!), then did corporate security, then worked as a Disabled Veteran's Rep for the MO Division of Employment Security for a few years while I finished my Bachelor's Degree, then, just to make sure I substantiated the stupidity accusations, I went BACK into policework (University of MO - Rolla Police Dept........ now called the MO University of Science & Technology PD since Jan 1). I'm currently the Sergeant in charge of Investigations, Evidence, Firearms, Federal Legislative Compliance, Internet Webpages, etc, etc, etc.....
10958_22_01_08_7_23_57.jpg

I'm impatiently waiting for 7 years to pass so I can finally, actually RETIRE (at age 55)!!!
HOWEVER.................... The Dept of Veteran's Affairs is re-evaluating my medical conditions and increased my rating to 80% last year. I still have half a dozen conditions pending determination so I might end up with full and total disability.
But I'll NEVER be too stove up to swing a detector!!!!!! I actually use mine to find evidence the perps try to ditch and have located lost items for citizens and students.

And like I've said before, I'm heading to Florida ASAP!!!!! So move over "FLBill", "erikk" and "bridgeendfarm". ;D

Come on over your always welcome in the sunshine state....... I'll share my beach with anyone

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
aa battery said:
Just got home from the doctor i will be disabled soon >:( Not by choice....aa

Hey... you mean you can't even deliever any more? Whats up? Dang... :(

Can you fall back on The Ant Annihilator movie proceeds? LMAO... Remember that?

AA.JPG

Attachments

• AA.JPG
    AA.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 2,381

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I'm a retired USAF cop (Aug 1983 - Dec 2007)

I'm a full time Treasure Net bandwidth thief

I'm a part time underachieving janitor

I'm a friend to dogs, a half-assed artist, a harley rider, and researcher of whatsits.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Montana Jim said:
I'm a retired USAF cop (Aug 1983 - Dec 2007)

I'm a full time Treasure Net bandwidth thief

I'm a part time underachieving janitor

I'm a friend to dogs, a half-assed artist, a harley rider, and researcher of whatsits.

I want your jobs!! :D :D ok, other than the retired USAF cop.....I think after working the PD on the Warm Springs res I know better than to want that job but thanks for your service! :D I especially want the researcher of whatsits knowledge and the harley! waaaahoooooo! :D :D

S

stefen

Architect / Civil Engineer for Public Works, DOD and Military projects.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
I work at a small ship yard, building Coast Guard bouytenders, staten island ferrys, now working on shallow water LCS prottype ship for the Navy, am a welder but doing mostly QA work the last 3 years, theres a lot more satisfaction welding, than headbutting with idiot forman to get the job done right. you know what they say. never enough time to do it right the 1st time

Benbuck6

Jan 11, 2008
GREENVILLE, MS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT 350 GTA
I am the Controller (Accountant) of a small Contracting Business specializing in Industrial Maintenance and Metal Fabrication---we also own and operate a steel sales company...we have about 60 employees...so it's large by small business terms, but still considered a small business.

Before this I worked as an accountant for a CPA Practice doing income taxes...so I still do some income taxes on the side, but giving that up little by little. Getting other peoples' returns done are low on my priority list...but is a big deal to them. So trying to get rid of the headache.

Life before this job was alot of stress and alot of hours...trying to remember 30 or more clients financial information...Now I just worry about one. I never work more than 40 hrs a week and get paid more and have better benfits...so we LOVE this job.

Other jobs:
Husband
Dad to two...another one on the way
Sunday School Teacher (11th & 12th graders)
Christian Youth Counselor
Tee-Ball Coach
Soccer Coach
Basketball Coach
Jungle Gym

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bridgeendfarm said:
Come on over your always welcome in the sunshine state....... I'll share my beach with anyone
Thanks "Bridge"! I usually spend time in Tallahassee so I'm in N FL too. But Pensacola is still a long way off.

I can't believe I failed to mention the toughest and most rewarding job I have!!!!!!! Single father to a teenage daughter!!!!

HELP!!!!! :D

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Cybercop106 said:
bridgeendfarm said:
Thanks "Bridge"! I usually spend time in Tallahassee so I'm in N FL too. But Pensacola is still a long way off.

I can't believe I failed to mention the toughest and most rewarding job I have!!!!!!! Single father to a teenage daughter!!!!

HELP!!!!! :D

O no not a seminole fan are you two? Gosh a gator and a seminole on the same beach we could make history lol. I hunt the appailacolia spelt wrong quite a bit too.

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am retired now. I worked as a traffic mgr. for a steel warehouse for 42 years. My first and only full time job. Now I do a lot of scroll saw cutting of wood puzzles that I donate to children that really do not have many toys to play with. I work with schools in the USA and overseas. I get most of my wood donated so that really helps. Plus I have 8 grandkids that keep me busy. But as soon as it warms up I get my Bounty Hunter our and the wife & I go coin hunting. Retirement is GREAT. Main thing is to keep busy that helps the mind and body.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread