whats does everybody here do for work?

ashleysflyr said:
I've done a lot of jobs in my 25 years of being alive (I know I'm a young'n). Everything from swingin' hammers, to tours in Iraq, to pushin' papers, police work (MP), busted shoplifters for Wally world....After Iraq, they saw fit to make me a pilot. Now I fly one of these.

P.S. GREAT THREAD!!!

~Tom

You fly a crashhawk? ;D

99thpercentile said:
I am a research geophysicist for the US Army. I travel around the US and world looking for drug tunnels, assessing levees, and trying to improve the detection of landmines and unexploded ordnance in magnetic soils. I use a lot of really expensive metal detectors to look for UXO. I'm also currently working on my PhD in geophysics. I don't get to travel to as many exciting military bases and locations now that I am focusing more on the theoretical research and my PhD. I also try to raise my three kids well and have some fun hobbies.

Wow, that ties in nicely with the hobby!
I've heard rumors that the DOD is researching the effectiveness of dowsing.
Any thoughts on that?

rebelLT said:
ashleysflyr said:
I've done a lot of jobs in my 25 years of being alive (I know I'm a young'n). Everything from swingin' hammers, to tours in Iraq, to pushin' papers, police work (MP), busted shoplifters for Wally world....After Iraq, they saw fit to make me a pilot. Now I fly one of these.

P.S. GREAT THREAD!!!

~Tom

You fly a crashhawk? ;D

Yeah, what do you fly?

~Tom

ashleysflyr said:
rebelLT said:
ashleysflyr said:

P.S. GREAT THREAD!!!

~Tom

You fly a crashhawk? ;D

Yeah, what do you fly?

~Tom

Hahahahahaha....... :D :D

How long you been waiting to use THAT line? Too funny!

I am a retired Marine MgySgt--------General Contractor(residential housing)----owned/operated maintenance company----Have worked last twenty years as construction security consultant U.S. State Dept overseas. Serious bass fisherman-----indian artifacts collector and owned/used a metal detector since 1981.

I'm a magicians helper ! The boss tells me we got this job to do and I say we can't do it with the equipment we got, he gets out his magic wand an waves it and says get ur done >:( then he go's back to his office to play games on his computer ::) somehow I get the job done :o other then that I'm a maintenance engineer on utilities in a chemical plant :-\

weasel606 said:
I'm a magicians helper ! The boss tells me we got this job to do and I say we can't do it with the equipment we got, he gets out his magic wand an waves it and says get ur done >:( then he go's back to his office to play games on his computer ::) somehow I get the job done :o other then that I'm a maintenance engineer on utilities in a chemical plant :-\

LMAO... I worked for that guy too!

I have been in the military for ten years total.First four was in the Navy stationed in Norfolk Va. (dogs and sailors stay off the grass) .Got out of the Navy in 97 and worked construction for a year and then killed bugs for four years at Terminix and then came in the AirForce in 2002 and love it other then being in North Dakota for the last year(long and rough winters). Before ND I was in Germany for three years and the Florida Pan handle area before that. Lots of fun thus far. :)

ashleysflyr said:
rebelLT said:
ashleysflyr said:

P.S. GREAT THREAD!!!

~Tom

You fly a crashhawk? ;D

Yeah, what do you fly?

~Tom

Not in the military anymore. The last thing I flew in the Army was a desk. Before that a company of m1a1 heavys. Now working to win the lottery ;)

Retired in 2003, basically my whole working life was with the military, over 36 years. Civilian jobs were, lifeguard, USPS, Lab Technician for Tenneco Corp and 32 years as Federal Military Technician.
In the military I was instructor for aircraft maintenance for over a year, then a Training NCO and aircraft mechanic and Production Controller, last couple decades I was our unit's Plans and Scheduler for F16 Aircraft Maintenance and F16 flying schedules.

Don

I'm a father first. By profession, I am a licensed embalmer and funeral director. However, I work for an embalming chemical company as a sales representative. I also travel all over the US and recently to South America as a speaker at continuing education seminars for embalmers and funeral directors.

thompy said:
I work at a small ship yard, building Coast Guard bouytenders, staten island ferrys, now working on shallow water LCS prottype ship for the Navy, am a welder but doing mostly QA work the last 3 years, theres a lot more satisfaction welding, than headbutting with idiot forman to get the job done right. you know what they say. never enough time to do it right the 1st time

I can relate to that headbutting, thompy, after retiring from the Navy I worked 20+ years as a QA Supervisor & Manager in automotive electrical systems.

Was Aviation Electrician in the Navy.

Now I don't do a heck of a lot.

OHIO Ashlysflyer: My wife made me turn down Army Helicopter school about the start of the vietnam thingie. However, I did get to play with a P-51 for a bit before that, was USAF trained.

Don Jose de La Mancha

rebelLT said:
ashleysflyr said:
rebelLT said:
ashleysflyr said:

P.S. GREAT THREAD!!!

~Tom

You fly a crashhawk? ;D

Yeah, what do you fly?

~Tom

Not in the military anymore. The last thing I flew in the Army was a desk. Before that a company of m1a1 heavys. Now working to win the lottery ;)

Gotta love those 700/701C's Tank man huh? Worked a lot with 2nd ACR not too long ago. It's good to have a tank with you.

~Tom

Real de Tayopa said:
OHIO Ashlysflyer: My wife made me turn down Army Helicopter school about the start of the vietnam thingie. However, I did get to play with a P-51 for a bit before that, was USAF trained.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Love to fly that P51, looks like a lot of fun, they still use them you know ;) Sounds like your wife was a smart woman. We didn't have too much knowledge on how to utilize them at the time... Dangerous time to be a low flyer.

~Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back