Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's down there?

I'm not Plehbah but- The location of the original pit is just as lost as the "supposed" treasure so.......

in the long run?

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

I don't know. I can't believe engineers couldn't figure out a way to get down there without drowning.

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

If BP drilled they'd probably strike oil with their luck!!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HI; simple, freeze the incoming water with circulating refrigerent tubes for a block, cap off the shaft, pressurize it, then work it as any ordinary under the river tunnel project.

Send in Aquanut, So what's a little decompression ? Snicker

Don Jose de La Mancha

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny

If they hit something in a secondary shaft then to me it would make sense to drill sideways in the shaft over to the secondary shaft at each level of logs that they encountered. Those logs would have made a good platform to work from. Maybe the original shaft is several feet off and missing everything and just digging the edge of what was once a much larger pit. They should open that all the way up to the secondary pit to make one large hole instead of 2 separate shafts. I'd love to see what they are doing now if anything and see some fresh reports from the pit. Swiz

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,

First, you take a wrecking ball and drop it down breaking through all the layers of
wood planks. Hopefully all the wood floats to the top, fish them out and and then,
you lower down a diver in a deep sea suit. What am I missing?
Rich

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

The wrecking ball would need to be dropped from at least 500 feet to crash
through all the layers.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What about a small submersible with viewing capabilities? Surely they have them? :dontknow:

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X

STRANGE! I'st it would take a outfit like the Knights templars or a Government of a nation to put something of this size together.
And to do all this and forget to remove a block an tackle from a tree limb over the pit? Looks like they wanted someone to dig there so as to protect the treasure!
Likely the cache is above the water mark. The stuff may have went in through the pit to a dug chamber above the water line. to where it was never ment to go through the pit to recover it. Might be worth a shot to use a GPR on the Island to find the treasure or a void. One would almost have to own the island to do anything as I dought anyone could work with the land owners without giving away 1/2 the treasure at no risk to them. This has to be something BIG.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Monk said:
STRANGE! I'st it would take a outfit like the Knights templars or a Government of a nation to put something of this size together.
And to do all this and forget to remove a block an tackle from a tree limb over the pit? Looks like they wanted someone to dig there so as to protect the treasure!
Likely the cache is above the water mark. The stuff may have went in through the pit to a dug pit above the water line. to where it was never ment to go through the pit to recover it. Might be worth a shoot to use a GPR on the Island to find the treasure or a void. One would almost have to own the island to do anything as I dought anyone could work with the land owners without giving away 1/2 the treasure at no risk to them. This has to be something BIG.

What I think is a likely "tell-tell", is this; as long as this pit has been known about and with all of the probing, nobody has turned up anything to dismiss the notion that it is nothing more then an over engineered hole in the ground. Not saying there isn't anything there, just think it's odd that not single treasure related trinket has been found yet.:dontknow:

yellow1053

Jul 7, 2009
Waltham, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Vision

bigscoop said:
What I think is a likely "tell-tell", is this; as long as this pit has been known about and with all of the probing, nobody has turned up anything to dismiss the notion that it is nothing more then an over engineered hole in the ground. Not saying there isn't anything there, just think it's odd that not single treasure related trinket has been found yet. :dontknow:
Well, ok, but what can explain the piece of parchment removed at 46M??? or the inscribed stone that is now "missing"? Someone went to a lot of trouble at some point in time for SOMETHING. There are definately good suggestions here, for getting to the right depth, I think the big problems are red tape, and land ownership.
we may never know in our lifetimes. :(

Jul 9, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000

I agree that for all the time this must have taken, there must have been a good reason. But does that neccessarily mean treasure? I'm sure there are many other ways to hide a treasure that would require much less work...

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X

Yes, but if you have a ship load to hide you would want it safe. This amount you wouldn't just dig a hole and bury as a trunk. With this amount you would have traps. and the meens to have the workforce to see the job through. It's my thought that it was SinClare from Scotland that did this work.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And then there is all the research that shows it was just a money making scam that continues to draw people and money to that area. The history of the guy's relative that "found" it is fraught with ways to shaft people, one of the biggest crooks ever. Where are the artifacts that were brought up? The wood could be from the meteor impact back a few centuries ago..lots of stuff got buried then. I am usually pretty positive about treasures but this on really has be doubtfull.

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

Monk said:
Likely the cache is above the water mark. The stuff may have went in through the pit to a dug chamber above the water line. to where it was never ment to go through the pit to recover it. Might be worth a shot to use a GPR on the Island to find the treasure or a void. One would almost have to own the island to do anything as I dought anyone could work with the land owners without giving away 1/2 the treasure at no risk to them. This has to be something BIG.

Maybe. But then, the block and tackle could have been placed by someone who had discovered the hole (not the ones who buried the treasure), sometime before the young boys found it. If so, then whatever was there could have already been retrieved. More likely they walked away frustrated.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is a real possability. I hope they didn't get it so easily, a lot has been put into that hole and not reached a payoff yet. The thing has the makings of a great movie if someone ever takes the time and money to dig it out. If it were me I would do as someone else suggested, excavate beside it, make a ramp that does the switch back thing and take out the sides as you go. This would give you a better idea of what the builders did to make it. If its a real deal then its been a major thing, it took a lot of man hours to do it. My main question is how did they dig the shaft in the first place? Seems that the thing would have fell in on them, there is need of a geologist opinion of the soils. Did anyone drill a test hole to see what the ground consisted of?

sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
V3i, ETrac, Excal II, Shadow X2, Tesoro Silver Max, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe they should contract the BP Engineers to drill for it!

BWAHAHAHAH!

:-?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread