Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've read this thread before and enjoyed it.I guess I never posted mine.It started at work being just the average Joe painter then I was Joe fisherman.I started playing online poker and was Joe poker .When I joined TN I thought Joe treasure hunter was good but shortened it to Joe hunter.Ironically my name is Brian and I don't hunt.(animals)

Classic lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For me it because I live deep in the woods next to a river. My ups man said to me that I was backwoods. So I used it. Im a mile and a half from the paved road. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Your deeper than I am... as I only have about 1 mile to a paved road. And like you I also wouldn't have it any other way.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
For me it because I live deep in the woods next to a river. My ups man said to me that I was backwoods. So I used it. Im a mile and a half from the paved road. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

When I moved this year, I put an offer on a house over a mile down a long dirt road. Looking back, I am a little happy I got outbid, I popped a tire just going to the open house. Imagine that house during the horrible New England winters too. You are braver than I am, must be beautiful there though.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many people think I am a little loco, especially when it comes to metal detecting, they just can't wrap their mind around the fact that I enjoy digging coins even if it's one penny at a time, thus my name Loco-Digger.

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.....any new people. Things do become buried, and I do like your post. Anyway, will try again late next year.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
In my area of Ohio there are a few things named Wright and I like digging bottles out of my creeks. Simple.

Interesting thread. :glasses12:

Last edited:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old post but, my tag is the Greek word for "Lord" or "master". I got it from my Strongs Concordance while studying the bible. I have had it on my license plate for nearly twenty years! LOL! Those Illinois plates have some miles on them and are relics in their own right and could tell some stories of their own about my driving!:o My tag of Kurios1 has led to some interesting conversations with folks so that's the how and why of my tag. Gotta' RUN!:icon_thumright:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have relatives spread out all over Europe, it hence makes me a citizen of the EU.
It became "Citzen" due to a spelling error of my fathers, for my first e-mail, which he set up.
The nick stuck for some reason, despite the spelling error.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have relatives spread out all over Europe, it hence makes me a citizen of the EU.
It became "Citzen" due to a spelling error of my fathers, for my first e-mail, which he set up.
The nick stuck for some reason, despite the spelling error.

That’s awesome

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm too tired to discuss it right now.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know why I never ran across this thread before, anyway ecmo stands for east central Mo.(my location)

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine came from an engineering patent I received around 2004. I and a couple of friends assigned the patent to a start up Consulting firm we called LIMITOOL (a lot to do with patent). I retired in 06' and it quickly became apparent there were 3 different opinions on how this was going to be run. I quit.... they couldn't make it work without me and now I just stay home and build toy boxes.

Oh OK 'hence' " my toy box money" ; hope y'all found the lost $.

Wudnut

May 20, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like being in the woods Metal detecting, hunting, fishing etc-- Woodsnut ( wudnut) works for me!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine came from an engineering patent I received around 2004. I and a couple of friends assigned the patent to a start up Consulting firm we called LIMITOOL (a lot to do with patent). I retired in 06' and it quickly became apparent there were 3 different opinions on how this was going to be run. I quit.... they couldn't make it work without me and now I just stay home and build toy boxes.

I try to always be truthful and the numbers 1253 have special meaning to me.

Cool cause the numbers 0251 are special to me.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Strange user name.

I been known to type long posts & reply's so ill 'Try' to make this short.

Well in about 1988 my buddy Corey (Corbob), & I came across this Stray Dog that was so pitiful , ugly as heck & had a Different looking set of teeth , he called him 'Poochers' ; well his dad made him give the Dog away & I felt bad for Cory as he really liked the dog.

I always remembered ole poochers & when ever Cory would come home on leave from the Military over a few Milwaukee's Best we always talk about the poor dog .

A few years later as my Good Friend Will / Wilbur , Willice. Were playing 'Jack Nicholas Golf' on Sega I think it was ,it wanted me to enter a player name & Poochers popped into my head & I punched in Davers. So that became my gaming name everybody made fun of.

Tho I quit video Games in 1993 ,I still used Davers for various reasons & when I first started on a Computer in late 2011 & Joined T- Net Davers was the first name that came to me , I'm Davers on the Few Sites that i'm a member of.

My real Nickname ' as used by my friends' would be Offensive , let's just say Mark Furman has never said my nickname??? ... well as of 1996 ,he stated he never used it.

I may change it to 'Rant' or TMI Digger.:laughing7:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name comes from a few places. First: I have owned motorcycles, since 1985. I managed to finally ride through the last remaining 11 states of the lower 48 on my Harley in 2012. From NYC to the Pacific and back,, 8,918 miles. Second; one of my favorite bands of all time, Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band. My favorite song by them is; "Against the Wind"

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I'm Tim the Uglymailman because "Ron the good looking yet humble mailman" was already taken. Today I gave my Postmaster notice I'll be retiring in Jan. after 31 yrs.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My name comes from a few places. First: I have owned motorcycles, since 1985. I managed to finally ride through the last remaining 11 states of the lower 48 on my Harley in 2012. From NYC to the Pacific and back,, 8,918 miles. Second; one of my favorite bands of all time, Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band. My favorite song by them is; "Against the Wind"

I reminisce of the days of ole and that old time rock-n-roll.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thread that I missed originally, because some of the names here need a little 'splaining! Old bottles have been my obsession since I was 14, so my name had to have something to do with 'em. Here are a few of my bottles that have sand-chip pontil scars.

sandchip.jpg sandchip1.jpg sandchip2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread