Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff OV. buttrub.com. A few stores down here stock it,and it's well worth it. They are based out of Santa Rosa Fla. butt rub 001.JPG

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! Thanks. I'm guessin' that would work great for porketta.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pork and rice, collard greens, sliced tomatoes and sweet corn bread.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty darn good on chicken too.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question. How do you cook the collard greens? I tried it...bad results.
Im not sure, my wife cooks it. I know she strips the stem out of each leaf, wilts them down in an iron skillet and boils for quite awhile in a pot of water with a chunk of salt pork. Im not sure if that's all she does to it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure, my wife cooks it. I know she strips the stem out of each leaf, wilts them down in an iron skillet and boils for quite awhile in a pot of water with a chunk of salt pork. Im not sure if that's all she does to it.
Secret is to cut out the stems and also to add some sugar, it removes all bitterness..... I also like adding a couple tablespoons of bacon grease along with the ham hocks to a large pot......

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Secret is to cut out the stems and also to add some sugar, it removes all bitterness..... I also like adding a couple tablespoons of bacon grease along with the ham hocks to a large pot......
Yeah, little tricks like that make a big difference in the finished product.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hungry Man T.V. dinner...fried chicken....wife has a headache but I actually like TV dinners...every once in awhile.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wife calls down to woodshop about 5:30 yesterday. Says supper is almost done (15 minutes). Fried pork chops, real mashed taters and gravy and corn she says.... Sounds great to me!!! I hurry home and get quick shower and am first one to hit stove area to load up a plate. Took ONE BITE of taters and gravy and about gagged!!!!! She asks "What's wrong with you!!!" I said "Take a bite" and she does. Same reaction as mine...! The meat, gravy and spuds all tasted like SALT only. And I mean ONLY SALT. I'm staring at her and she's staring at the stove top of food wondering how this happened. She's a great cook...

My Granddaughter was in living room watching Scooby-Doo. I asked did you help Grandma cook? And without even turning around she says "Yea... a lot".

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife calls down to woodshop about 5:30 yesterday. Says supper is almost done (15 minutes). Fried pork chops, real mashed taters and gravy and corn she says.... Sounds great to me!!! I hurry home and get quick shower and am first one to hit stove area to load up a plate. Took ONE BITE of taters and gravy and about gagged!!!!! She asks "What's wrong with you!!!" I said "Take a bite" and she does. Same reaction as mine...! The meat, gravy and spuds all tasted like SALT only. And I mean ONLY SALT. I'm staring at her and she's staring at the stove top of food wondering how this happened. She's a great cook...

My Granddaughter was in living room watching Scooby-Doo. I asked did you help Grandma cook? And without even turning around she says "Yea... a lot".
Grandmas little helper...what can you say. :laughing7:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone tried the Allen's brand collard, turnip, or mustard greens? I'll admit they're not as great as they used to be; but for a quick pot of greens, they're quite good. They are a bit spicy; but I like them that way. I love 'em with a big pan of cornbread and almost any kind of meat.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tonight we are going to have Marie Calendar's Chicken Pot Pies. To hell with cooking... I'm going detecting right after lunch!

Dont worry, I'll have some beers to wash it all down. Hah! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight a "from" Oregon rib steak! Local store has them for 5.99 per Lb!! No pics 'cause I ate it!! Dog gets the rib bone. I gnawed on it a bit....growled too!:laughing7:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Tonight we are going to have Marie Calendar's Chicken Pot Pies. To hell with cooking... I'm going detecting right after lunch!

Dont worry, I'll have some beers to wash it all down. Hah

I know how that works out,you end up washing the beers down with dinner:laughing9:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fried catfish and sea scallops, baked potato and cheese grits...for football tomorrow Im going to get some wings from Publix deli and my wife is making chili cheese dip.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007