Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup starve me to death in limits workshop.What are you going to offer me to eat next viking?Soup boiled out of hay.:laughing9:

Funny you should mention this Red.... My wife made a huge pot of homemade beef vegetable soup. She said "If Red helps you I'll take some homemade soup out to the shop as long as he's chained to the chop saw"

You just can't make this stuff up guys.... GOD I LOVE MY WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a grilled porterhouse steak with sauté mushrooms and boiled potatoes...couple of tequila sunrises after words.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oysters, Crawfish, Froglegs and 2 kinds of Shrimp. ..

47b8da701b42e4acb5a7baa3c405574e.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn T.H.... PLEASE... Buy and move to TN. and bring that wife of yours along with her cook book!!!!! Hell I'll now give ya the 8 acres, home and barn if she'll cook for ALL OF US!!!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn T.H.... PLEASE... Buy and move to TN. and bring that wife of yours along with her cook book!!!!! Hell I'll now give ya the 8 acres, home and barn if she'll cook for ALL OF US!!!!!
Appreciate it but have to be honest, wife didn't cook it, we ate at a local buffet...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Beef pot pie for supper. (no, not that kind of pot). Man T,H, I gotta get me one of them moderator jobs so I can eat like that! :laughing7:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Although I've had some of the pizzas a couple of times, I've not been inside the shop. The boys said that he tossed his dough. I didn't ask if they saw him doing it or not.
I got a recipe for the pizza crust that was supposed to be Wolfgang Puck's that he used in his restaurants. It was a great recipe; but with a little tweaking, it (to me) was quite a bit better. It took a while to make it; but I enjoyed it. It was the yeastiest crust I've ever tasted in a pizza. I still have the recipe somewhere. My daughter told me a few days ago that she and I were going to have to make some homemade pizzas with that recipe. She ate some of the others I made about 5 years ago. I've done very little cooking since I moved here with them; so it would take a while for me to get back into the 'swing' of things.
I just a few minutes ago finished a large bowl of butter beans that the son-in-law cooked today. He had saved a large hambone with quite a bit of meat on it. The bone really makes a difference. I also love black eyed peas cooked with a hambone; cooked long and slow. Yum, yum! Plus a big pan of cornbread!

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oysters, Crawfish, Froglegs and 2 kinds of Shrimp. ..

47b8da701b42e4acb5a7baa3c405574e.jpg
That's my kind of food right there...gonna have to get my dad to take out his airboat and go frogging.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I've had some of the pizzas a couple of times, I've not been inside the shop. The boys said that he tossed his dough. I didn't ask if they saw him doing it or not.
I got a recipe for the pizza crust that was supposed to be Wolfgang Puck's that he used in his restaurants. It was a great recipe; but with a little tweaking, it (to me) was quite a bit better. It took a while to make it; but I enjoyed it. It was the yeastiest crust I've ever tasted in a pizza. I still have the recipe somewhere. My daughter told me a few days ago that she and I were going to have to make some homemade pizzas with that recipe. She ate some of the others I made about 5 years ago. I've done very little cooking since I moved here with them; so it would take a while for me to get back into the 'swing' of things.
I just a few minutes ago finished a large bowl of butter beans that the son-in-law cooked today. He had saved a large hambone with quite a bit of meat on it. The bone really makes a difference. I also love black eyed peas cooked with a hambone; cooked long and slow. Yum, yum! Plus a big pan of cornbread!
Yeah, hambone, smoked ham hocks, salt pork, etc. really adds to the flavor...my wife adds stuff like that to beans, collared greens, etc.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why I Otta....:laughing7:
Good food though. I have never had frog legs.
We are having lemon chicken. Last month I bought the lemon curd, this time wife says she's making it from scratch.
OK by me!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why I Otta....:laughing7:
Good food though. I have never had frog legs.
We are having lemon chicken. Last month I bought the lemon curd, this time wife says she's making it from scratch.
OK by me!
Frog legs taste just like............frog legs. :tongue3:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mmmmmm good!

4f9bb4c84f8ac3e3ea371985c256ef38.jpg

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good one Treasure Hunter....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frog legs, I've never had 'em. My wife, when she was a kid living on a farm, used to take a little 'rolling', or 'dropping' block .22 rifle to the tank and kill a bunch of frogs, take them home and cook them. They really don't sound that good to me. If I get the chance, I'll try 'em though! Same with crawdad tails.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are excellent fried with a little lemon juice...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frog legs are REALLY GOOD... My cousin and I used to go out and search all the ponds (MANY) within a square mile area while I spent summers in Missouri. We used a BB gun, hands and small frog gig. We used to get some HUGE bullfrogs and my Grandma cooked them right up for us for breakfast when we had some. They are very good. Don't know what she breaded them in but they were so good.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frog legs? Hell yeah! They are candy to me!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight it was pork adobo served over mixture of wild rice and brawn rice with non sweeten ice tea.........

faa41406c3d452306297d4c9cf1cb24c.jpg

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn! Looks like a 5 star plate to me! I think my old lady is doing thin sliced center cut pork chops with bad byrons butt rub on them and some kind of pasta salad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread