Whats on the menu tonight?

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wife calls down to woodshop about 5:30 yesterday. Says supper is almost done (15 minutes). Fried pork chops, real mashed taters and gravy and corn she says.... Sounds great to me!!! I hurry home and get quick shower and am first one to hit stove area to load up a plate. Took ONE BITE of taters and gravy and about gagged!!!!! She asks "What's wrong with you!!!" I said "Take a bite" and she does. Same reaction as mine...! The meat, gravy and spuds all tasted like SALT only. And I mean ONLY SALT. I'm staring at her and she's staring at the stove top of food wondering how this happened. She's a great cook...

My Granddaughter was in living room watching Scooby-Doo. I asked did you help Grandma cook? And without even turning around she says "Yea... a lot".

UPDATE: Wife discovered what happened and it wasn't her "little helper". She bought a new sea-salt grinder with adjustable top. And it was set on max. First time she ever used it. She said she had a hard time believing our Granddaughter could of used the salt / pepper without her seeing it. So she busted herself out and Granddaughter is off the hook!!!! I'm just glad nobody was here to eat with us.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
UPDATE: Wife discovered what happened and it wasn't her "little helper". She bought a new sea-salt grinder with adjustable top. And it was set on max. First time she ever used it. She said she had a hard time believing our Granddaughter could of used the salt / pepper without her seeing it. So she busted herself out and Granddaughter is off the hook!!!! I'm just glad nobody was here to eat with us.

Hey buddy,Heres what you do next time if you put to much salt in anything.Take some lemon juice and add a little bit at a time to whatever has to much salt.Add a little juice,mix the food up and taste it,repeat until it doesnt taste to salty:icon_thumright:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey buddy,Heres what you do next time if you put to much salt in anything.Take some lemon juice and add a little bit at a time to whatever has to much salt.Add a little juice,mix the food up and taste it,repeat until it doesnt taste to salty:icon_thumright:

Thanks Red.... I'll pass that on.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey all long time no see. Anyone else having problems posting pictures ? I was going to post a picture of my chess pie I made after a dinner of pintos, cowboy slaw( hot oil and vinegar based dressing and cooked for hours. And baked panko crusted lemon butter catfish. How is everyone doing? Finding anything good? I know my fellow Middle Tennesseans hVe been soggy the last few days.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife calls down to woodshop about 5:30 yesterday. Says supper is almost done (15 minutes). Fried pork chops, real mashed taters and gravy and corn she says.... Sounds great to me!!! I hurry home and get quick shower and am first one to hit stove area to load up a plate. Took ONE BITE of taters and gravy and about gagged!!!!! She asks "What's wrong with you!!!" I said "Take a bite" and she does. Same reaction as mine...! The meat, gravy and spuds all tasted like SALT only. And I mean ONLY SALT. I'm staring at her and she's staring at the stove top of food wondering how this happened. She's a great cook...

My Granddaughter was in living room watching Scooby-Doo. I asked did you help Grandma cook? And without even turning around she says "Yea... a lot".

Hmmmmmm......:laughing7::laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight was Lasagna.....

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's Tuesday, right? :icon_scratch: LOL.
It's Scrubbys full back baby ribs night! Full back, potato, baked beans, cole slaw, and garlic toast.
Can't beat that for $9.99 :laughing7:

P071211_11.05.jpg

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, we did pizza yesterday. The new place I was telling about. It's called 'Fatty's Pizza'. Great pizza and cheaper than I heard. A 20" pepperoni is $15.50, an all meat 20" is 22.50, the veggie 20" is $20.50. I watched one of the workers place the dough on a floured board, press it out some with his hands, then start 'tossing' it. Gee, he was fast! He had that crust spinning at about 80 mph! lol

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Home made Muffuletta's .....

Attachments

• 10659328_10204002852344573_3418647508857613020_n.jpg
    10659328_10204002852344573_3418647508857613020_n.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 81

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow I out did myself tonight. I am home alone and I made fry bologna sandwiches and dorities chips and top it all off with a pudding cup

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Austin, sounds great! Always been a big fan of bologna, also pickle loaf. We used to occasionally fry bologna and serve it with sliced tomatoes, cream gravy, and some form of beans or peas. I've got up from the table many times so full that I could hardly walk!
Yesterday, my daughter made a big pot of what we always called 'goulash'. It's browned hamburger, Ranch beans, hominy, sliced potatoes, dices tomatoes, and whole kernel corn. We most time serve it with a big pan of cornbread. I ate 2 great, big bowls of it and three chunks of cornbread for lunch yesterday. She made enough that I'll have more for lunch today!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow I out did myself tonight. I am home alone and I made fry bologna sandwiches and dorities chips and top it all off with a pudding cup
For a midnight snack the other night I had a fried bologna and egg sandwich.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tacos and refried beans.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caught some Spanish mackerel today...going on the grill tomorrow.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got into them yesterday too. It was skip jacks, blue fish and mackerel. All on the beach. Everyone had a bent rod.
I was at an inlet on the West coast...macks, jacks and ladyfish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread