What's new

Whats the best day/time to CRH?

obsessedwithsilver

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
547
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
What's the best day/time to CRH?

I've been searching nearly every weekday but I'd like some advice from the veterans. Is there a "best day" to CRH. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

OWS
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

I only search on days that end in Y...... :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

i prefer Sundays.
i pack a lunch, break into the bank really early and sit in the vault all day without anyone bothering me. ;D
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

The bestest day to CRH is the day B4 your competition does.
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

The day before they get their deliveries. You're less likely to hear they just sent shipped all those halves out.

Maine_Jim
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

When the banks open. HH Mark
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

I only have 1 order bank. They order on Tuesdays and the truck comes on Thursdays. I don't do loose rolls, just boxes. So, I leave work early on Thursday to get there on my way home, so I don't have to have all that change sitting in my car
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

I'm off on wednesdays and do most of my bank robbing then. Most banks are slow so I get in get out and they don't mind looking around for me since they have nothing better to do. Also the banks in my area ship out on wednesdays so I get there first thing and can snag before the ship out. But, having said that if I could I would search everyday.
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

I like hunting about the 26th to 29th of the month and midday, midweek. This normally allows the tellers to gather them from other tellers and if you go midday they will not say that the vault has been locked up. I have ran into a few banks that balance the vault early and will not pull from it.

HH,
65GT350
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

Saturday's suck. I've run into too many banks that say they are open, but don't mention only the drive thru is open.
Also, a lot of banks are closed, so if you hit a distant town, you can't get all the banks
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

The best days are the 1st to the 3rd of the month at noon. Thursdays and Fridays at noon are also good.
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

I only saw 2 straight answers to this question.?? Hmmm.

I like the answer of before their pickup comes because if they ship coins out on Wednesday you wont get many on Thursday.

I have found that Tuesday seems to be the best between 10 & 4

Mojo
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

Rich alluded to the 1st thru the 3rd of the month as being productive. I've found the opposite with regards to road trips. I prefer to target the last week of a month for road trips. The seniors are scraping together their loose change until their social security kicks in at the beginning of a month. To some seniors who had grown up with silver coinage, it is no big deal as a dime is a dime. They don't consider the precious metal content. If they are looking to get by until their social security arrives, then they might cash in some of the silver just so they can feed their cats.
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

Diver_Down said:
Rich alluded to the 1st thru the 3rd of the month as being productive. I've found the opposite with regards to road trips. I prefer to target the last week of a month for road trips. The seniors are scraping together their loose change until their social security kicks in at the beginning of a month. To some seniors who had grown up with silver coinage, it is no big deal as a dime is a dime. They don't consider the precious metal content. If they are looking to get by until their social security arrives, then they might cash in some of the silver just so they can feed their cats.

Perhaps that is why Rich finds the 1st through the 3rd productive. The coins may have been sitting there since the end of the month just waiting for him to swoop in.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

I like hunting about the 26th to 29th of the month
i'm not so sure about this one, i find that the end of the month is very busy with all the S.S checks coming in.
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

davew0710 said:
Saturday's suck. I've run into too many banks that say they are open, but don't mention only the drive thru is open.
Also, a lot of banks are closed, so if you hit a distant town, you can't get all the banks

If only the drive through is open, I will pull into the drive through and ask for halves. Supprising how many you will find.
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

AGCoinHunter said:
davew0710 said:
Saturday's suck. I've run into too many banks that say they are open, but don't mention only the drive thru is open.
Also, a lot of banks are closed, so if you hit a distant town, you can't get all the banks

If only the drive through is open, I will pull into the drive through and ask for halves. Supprising how many you will find.

I never thought of the drive thru before. I was out this morning, and the tellers told me all the halves were at the drive thru. Surprise Surprise. Even the fellow that cleaned out the halves from all the banks in town didn't think to try the drive thru. It was the only place I found coin today.
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

I think of it in a different way. Best day to hunt Friday. Many banks are open longer hours on this day which means you can hit more banks and search more coin. Since it is a numbers game it is all about how many banks you can hit and how many you can search before the banks close. For me it is an all day event.

Golden Silver
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

Thanks for the hint about the drive-thru. I think I will use that one.

OWS
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

I like Saturdays, but as was the case this past Sat. the vault tellers were not in...although there were halves in the vault. Otherwise I find Mondays to work as the banks are busiest at the end of the week and anything turned in will be there Monday...very unscientific though and not supported by any hard data.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom