What's new

Whats the best day/time to CRH?

obsessedwithsilver

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
547
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
What's the best day/time to CRH?

I've been searching nearly every weekday but I'd like some advice from the veterans. Is there a "best day" to CRH. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

OWS
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

i have never had to use the drive-thru for halves. usually the teller inside asks everyone including the drive-thru teller if they have any.
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

Yesterday was my first full "day" hunt - 30 banks with over $1,780 in halves, best ever.
As far as silver content, it was my worst ever.
I found 3 dump banks, all from the same person (same rolls/markings) - one bank, 3 nearby branches.

Many banks don't have a vault manager around on weekends and close the vault about an hour before closing.
Best time has been early, mid week.
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

Diver_Down said:
Rich alluded to the 1st thru the 3rd of the month as being productive. I've found the opposite with regards to road trips. I prefer to target the last week of a month for road trips. The seniors are scraping together their loose change until their social security kicks in at the beginning of a month. To some seniors who had grown up with silver coinage, it is no big deal as a dime is a dime. They don't consider the precious metal content. If they are looking to get by until their social security arrives, then they might cash in some of the silver just so they can feed their cats.

Social Security is now issued differently but the concept of hitting at the end of the month is the same. I figure that most people who need to cash in spare change to meet expenses have bills that are due on the first. With the holidays coming up I will be hitting the banks a little more frequently.

HH,
65GT350
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

obsessedwithsilver said:
Thanks for the hint about the drive-thru.
Several tips on drive thrus. Only drive thru I see now a days is the ATM.
You want anything other than $20's you have to go inside. :'(
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

Fredness that is another reason why Friday is best. Also I have found the best hits are often at banks that have 200 or less. But then again my best hit ever was a bank with over 700 in halves.

golden silver
 
Re: What's the best day/time to CRH?

cyberdan said:
obsessedwithsilver said:
Thanks for the hint about the drive-thru.
Several tips on drive thrus. Only drive thru I see now a days is the ATM.
You want anything other than $20's you have to go inside. :'(

On my vacation a few weeks back I was hitting up the banks in the area and they were all closed except the drive through. One Wachovia in particular had $1000 in the vault, which I proceeded to buy via the drive through. Found a solid roll of 68's.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom