Whats the CRHs Best option?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Well its a matter of preference but I like nickels myself. U can't edge check them like dimes and halves but I don't mind. I've only searched $420 in nickels so far this year and found 6 silver nickels. Nickels seem very consistent for me and I figure they likely will for a long time. And there r 50 rolls in each box of nickels, dimes and halves.

Edit: Well there are 50 rolls in a $250 box of dimes. I've heard some people buy $500 dime boxes but I've never bought one of those before myself.

H$H!

Last edited:

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can find a buyer for copper cents at a decent price and are willing to painstakingly look for every error/variety in existence, then cents are probably by far your best option.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I cant stand face/date searching (I did 2boxes of nicks and 1 box of cents and that was enough for me) ill only do dimes halves and even qtrs occasionally(when I have the time and cant get dimes or halves)

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
As I have said before about a new coin counting machine that is coming out in the market that can extract silver; if that happens by the 4-major coin vendors, then the next best possible way to find coins is to buy BAGS from banks as they come off their coin counting machine. I highly doubt at the moment, that any banks will jump to get a silver extractor machine.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
As I have said before about a new coin counting machine that is coming out in the market that can extract silver; if that happens by the 4-major coin vendors, then the next best possible way to find coins is to buy BAGS from banks as they come off their coin counting machine. I highly doubt at the moment, that any banks will jump to get a silver extractor machine.

Or if not bags then just any cwr's that can be found....and I guess hope to get some older boxes that might still be laying around that were counted by the current machines. Kind of a disappointing thought though but that's something Im surprised they haven't already done long ago.

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
All I can say is - why would they bother?
These vendors make much more money doing what they do best. I just don't see it being worth their time, considering silver market value. Could you post your source of info?

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
All I can say is - why would they bother?
These vendors make much more money doing what they do best. I just don't see it being worth their time, considering silver market value. Could you post your source of info?

It's not that they are going to spend MORE time in processing coins, the machine will automatically do that function of extracting the silver. It would be the same as reject bent coins,/ odd sizes, etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread