What's new

Whats the deal with this reverse coil business

49er12

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
1,350
Reaction score
1,713
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any legitimate information about this, I just started reading g about it, upside down coil.
 
Apparently, when you change the coil's orientation the transmit/receive field also changes.

Google "reverse coil metal detector" and check out the Fbook page.
 
Complete
 

Attachments

  • Bullpucky.webp
    Bullpucky.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 38
I mean if this was significant im sure even by accident or flubbing around someone would have mentioned it by now, I guess
 
The horizontal orientation of a loop antenna (coil) is not relevant to it's radiated pattern.

From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loop_antenna

"Unlike a dipole antenna, the polarization of a resonant loop antenna is not obvious from the orientation of the loop itself, but depends on the placement of its feedpoint. [e] If a vertically oriented loop is fed at the bottom, then its radiation will be horizontally polarized; feeding it from the side will make it vertically polarized. "
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom