What's new

What’s the difference between these two buttons?

Truth

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
14,366
Reaction score
32,167
Golden Thread
2
Location
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found two War of 1812 Artillery buttons and I’m just wondering why there are two different kinds?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0925.webp
    IMG_0925.webp
    134.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0861.webp
    IMG_0861.webp
    67.1 KB · Views: 102
Simple answer - because the government wanted to! Both buttons date from about the same time period. The first button refers to the 2nd regiment specifically and the second (assuming it says 'corps') underneath, for any soldier.
 
Simple answer - because the government wanted to! Both buttons date from about the same time period. The first button refers to the 2nd regiment specifically and the second (assuming it says 'corps') underneath, for any soldier.

Yes smoky it says corps
 
Simple answer - because the government wanted to! Both buttons date from about the same time period. The first button refers to the 2nd regiment specifically and the second (assuming it says 'corps') underneath, for any soldier.

I was just thinking if one was a soldier and one was a higher up. I appreciate it smoky
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom