What's new

Artillery coat button. Real or fake?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2015
Messages
2,221
Reaction score
5,392
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, XP Deus2, NOX 900, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back mark says Dowler Birmingham

Any ideas on how to know if it’s a reproduction?

7861F39C-04AF-4E23-9462-44C931C9FC42.webp 89725B97-E711-4497-A2A9-F0E3BD95688D.webp

Thanks for your input!
 
I looked in Tice's book on buttons and did not see that button with a "Dowler Birminghman" backmark, and Tice's book is the most recent comprehensive book on the subject.

I believe MCGuinn and Bazelon list that mark as post 1900.
 
Thank you for the response Smokey! I would hate to List it on Ebay for a buck and find out later it was worth a Billion!
 
I recommend that anyone that deals with buttons at all get the Bazelon and McGuinn book. I don't know how much they are anymore, but its a good investment. Dowler DID make CW buttons, but the backmark was different.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom