What's new

Whats the most silver halfs you ever found in 1 box?

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just wondering as I can only get boxes around where I live. The most that I found in 1 box was 26 silvers. Thanks for lookin and happy hunting. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I think the most I have pulled from a box was around 70 silvers. I have yet to hit that dream box with hundreds of silvers in it. It will happen sooner or later though.

-golden silver
 
TF, you have me beat by 6. I like to do the bags though. If you roll the bags over,you can hear and see the silver. Boxes are too much like Xmas morning as a kid. More fun opening than what's inside. Cheers, Jim
 
I remember that, but sadly my banks run everything more than a handfull through the coin counting machine. I took some rolls into various banks and they unrolled them (I had to help at a few banks) and ran them thru too. So its impossible for me to get hand rolls and they wont sell me the bags so I'm stuck trying my luck with the boxes. >:(
 
I think maybe 3, I always had my best luck in customer rolled halves!
 
Since I started this hobby 42 days ago I have searched 14 boxes of halves for a total of 66 keepers. The best box had 19 keepers and I've had some skunk boxes ( maybe as much as half). I do much better with road trips so far, but my time is very limited.
Although my box stats are low I'm not at all discouraged. Starting next week I will be ordering 8-10 boxes per week from different banks. With this volume I'm pretty confident that I will hit a great box or two before the year is out.
 
WOW Rich that many boxes makes you a true monster hunter....let us know how you do
 
I think my Dad (84GT350) holds the record with 942 (938 40% 4 90%) out of 1 box. He is still gets a big smile whenever we talk about that box.

65GT350
 
It has been about 5 - 6 years ago, but I picked up one box that was over half silver. They were all 40% (I thought it strange not one 90% in the bunch). I did not keep count, but I estimate about 600 40% halves in it.
 
I had 140 40%ers in one box one time. That really sets the hook!!
This week, I found one with 33 40% & 3 90% silvers......better than my recent averages!
- Grizz
 
i got 122 40% in one box one time. i am up to doing 16 boxes a week now (starting next week) so i will try and keep track per box.
 
79 40%ers and 1 franklin was my best box ever
 
I think I did 30 once...still waiting on the big one :tard:

Maine_Jim
 
None! I have never gotten hold of a box of halves in my area.

-Codes
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom