Whats the most valuable coin YOUVE ever discovered?

What was it's value? (in US dollars)

• Total voters

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My most valuable coin to me would be my 1829 Spanish 8 Reales found in a sidewalk strip IMG_0537.jpg IMG_0538.jpg

Last edited:

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to own a bulk vending business. I would recover on average one silver quarter per week. One turned out to be a 1932d, a key date, in roughly fine or slightly better condition. Some kid probably broke in to his dad's or granddad's collection and treated him or herself to a quite expensive gumball! Valued at ~$225ish.

MAILITY

May 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My parents bought an old farm when I was 16. While cleaning out the barn I found a donation card for a church that was being built in the area with 16 mercury dimes in it. My mother made me go to the church, long since built, and put $2.00 in the donations box. That was 30 years ago!

.I found it where an old mansion was and it was stuffed between the legs of a tree roots where I assume a squirrel hid it.Tree's are good hunting spots

MAILITY

May 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.I found it where an old mansion was and it was stuffed between the legs of a tree roots where I assume a squirrel hid it.Tree's are good hunting spots

My parents bought an old farm when I was 16. While cleaning out the Audacity Find My iPhone Origin barn I found a donation card for a church that was being built in the area with 16 mercury dimes in it. My mother made me go to the church, long since built, and put $2.00 in the donations box. That was 30 years ago!

Jun 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 1957 Benji half in the second roll of halves I ever got at the bank,which is probably my coolest find.

Now onto the most valuable,which is not too valuable as I have only been hunting for about 2-3 years now. We live right next door to an old one room schoolhouse that my grandpa went to and was open from around the early 1900s until the 50's-60's.
Before I had found this particular coin I had found 2 silvers before this at the same location(also the only place I have found silvers to this day). I was detecting below the edge of a bush when i got a nice low-mid 80s signal. When I dug it up it proved to be a 1931 mercury dime in nice shape. Here is a linked photo: WIN_20190626_11_16_53_Pro.jpg

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Please respond to the poll above. Thanks.

You can also reply to this if you want, and tell us: What is it? Where'd you find it? Do you still have it? :D

IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0035.JPG

Civil War Era saloon token, only one of nine know to be in existence. $2,400.

Ramsundi

Oct 13, 2019
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 11" 35XP coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is this one, tho I don't know the real value of this coin. It is Swedish silver 4 Mark klipping coin from 1571. I found it from Finland by metal detecting from the local field. Here is video about this find:

20191012_235331.jpg
20191012_235316.jpg

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a 1912-S V-Nickel...!
...the year of the Titanic Disaster...!
Not that good of shape, but its my only V-Nickel, too...!
1912S obverseVnickel fixed.jpg

Attachments

• 1912S reverseVnickel - Copy.jpg
    1912S reverseVnickel - Copy.jpg
    894.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Marshalll

Nov 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect that this is about metal detector finds. I do not detect that way, but I search eBay for unattributed or misattributed coins. To that end I have discovered many worth $500 to $1500 and while not purchasing it, discovered on worth $6,000 recently. The buyer got a huge bargain BTW.

1793 NC-6 Obverse (3).jpg

Last edited:

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suspect that this is about metal detector finds. I do not detect that way, but I search eBay for unattributed or misattributed coins. To that end I have discovered many worth $500 to $1500 and while not purchasing it, discovered on worth $6,000 recently. The buyer got a huge bargain BTW.

View attachment 1767600

Neat but can you fill in between the lines for us in on the particulars of this one? I'm not familiar with this series.
Thanks.

EDIT: The ID appeared on the file name when I enlarged the image. "1793 NC-6 Obverse"
Hopefully it was OK to list it.

Last edited:

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really started mding this June, I had a detector before but only used it like once or twice, but still I think I did decent this year. My best is either my 1831 British penny (my profile pic) or my 1864 IHP. I haven't cleaned up the IHP all the way, but it isn't crusty like some are and from what I see so far it is in pretty good condition, since it is dirty I don't know if it has an L or not yet but either way it should be worth a few bucks. The 1831 penny isn't in super great condition, nevertheless it is my favorite and oldest find.

jimgrains51

Apr 27, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some coins yesterday that needs cleaning but just by looking at them a few might be worth a few hundred dollars. I just upgraded my metal detector and I noticed that Ive found more treasures in the areas that Ive already checked with my old metal detector. Upgrading was the best investment. If looking to upgrade your metal detector, I suggest you visit this website for reviews and information.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really started mding this June, I had a detector before but only used it like once or twice, but still I think I did decent this year. My best is either my 1831 British penny (my profile pic) or my 1864 IHP. I haven't cleaned up the IHP all the way, but it isn't crusty like some are and from what I see so far it is in pretty good condition, since it is dirty I don't know if it has an L or not yet but either way it should be worth a few bucks. The 1831 penny isn't in super great condition, nevertheless it is my favorite and oldest find.

EDIT: I cleaned up the 1864 IHP a while back and it is in fact the L variety! And I found another last year as well, can you believe that? Out of the five or six IHP's I dug last season two of them were 1864 L's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread