RJH02 Sr. Member Joined Dec 30, 2007 Messages 438 Reaction score 9 Golden Thread 0 Location Virginia Detector(s) used Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil Primary Interest: Relic Hunting May 27, 2009 #1 what's this? I found this at an old homesite, daing back to the 1850s. Its a flat plate 2 1/4 in. x 1 1/2 in. Looks like a snake or a ? . Thanks Attachments PICT0015.webp 20.2 KB · Views: 298 PICT0016.webp 15.9 KB · Views: 295 PICT0017.webp 17.5 KB · Views: 307
what's this? I found this at an old homesite, daing back to the 1850s. Its a flat plate 2 1/4 in. x 1 1/2 in. Looks like a snake or a ? . Thanks
godisnum1 Silver Member Joined May 7, 2005 Messages 3,694 Reaction score 537 Golden Thread 0 Location Saint Petersburg, FL Detector(s) used Nokta Legend 2, Nokta Legend, Nokta AccuPoint, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 27, 2009 #2 Re: what's this? I'd like to say it appears to be an old Chinese or Japanese dragon on that plate... but what I'm seeing to be the face just doesn't look like a dragon. More like a squid... but there's scales, so it should be a serpent? Bran <>< Upvote 0
Re: what's this? I'd like to say it appears to be an old Chinese or Japanese dragon on that plate... but what I'm seeing to be the face just doesn't look like a dragon. More like a squid... but there's scales, so it should be a serpent? Bran <><
godisnum1 Silver Member Joined May 7, 2005 Messages 3,694 Reaction score 537 Golden Thread 0 Location Saint Petersburg, FL Detector(s) used Nokta Legend 2, Nokta Legend, Nokta AccuPoint, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 27, 2009 #3 Re: what's this? Maybe it is a Chinese dragon... I think I see the face now that I turned it upside down (first had to turn my laptop upside down), on the top left? Bran <>< Attachments PICT0015.webp 24.5 KB · Views: 297 Upvote 0
Re: what's this? Maybe it is a Chinese dragon... I think I see the face now that I turned it upside down (first had to turn my laptop upside down), on the top left? Bran <><
traderoftreasures Bronze Member Joined May 9, 2009 Messages 2,211 Reaction score 7 Golden Thread 0 Location central, Illinois Detector(s) used white's spectrum VX3 May 27, 2009 #4 Re: what's this? could of been a plate for counter fitting money Upvote 0
Tony in SC Gold Member Joined Jun 8, 2006 Messages 6,428 Reaction score 9,296 Golden Thread 0 Location Upstate South Carolina Detector(s) used Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines Primary Interest: Metal Detecting May 27, 2009 #5 Re: what's this? Lid to a box. Snuff, opium, tobacco, M&Ms etc. . Tony Upvote 0
BuckleBoy Platinum Member Joined Jun 12, 2006 Messages 18,159 Reaction score 9,723 Golden Thread 4 Location Moonlight and Magnolias 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 27, 2009 #6 Re: what's this? Tony in SC said: Lid to a box. Snuff, opium, tobacco, M&Ms etc. . Tony Click to expand... Agreed--and the earliest it would likely date is the late Victorian era. Upvote 0
Re: what's this? Tony in SC said: Lid to a box. Snuff, opium, tobacco, M&Ms etc. . Tony Click to expand... Agreed--and the earliest it would likely date is the late Victorian era.