What’s true and what’s not

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look folks I like folk lore, camp fire stories time and place for everything. But being this is a metal detecting, treasure finding site Id like proof of lost treasures and relics, meaning not Wild West stories, the oceans can prove such of which only a handful have the ships, equipment to scan and recover. In due respect some of us here are well serious detectorist and spend endless time and research not interest in fictional stuff. So where’s the actual proof of lost anything, life to short to be chasing rainbows, thankyou. True stories no more nonsense

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand sir n do respect, but it takes a tremendous amount of time not only to study maps of the 1800s, but then you have to constantly go to these places to try and find thesee places by trial and error, so I’m not apologizing for camp fire stories just interested in true stuff I’m sure you can appreciate that, thankyou

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Z
Look folks I like folk lore, camp fire stories time and place for everything. But being this is a metal detecting, treasure finding site Id like proof of lost treasures and relics, meaning not Wild West stories, the oceans can prove such of which only a handful have the ships, equipment to scan and recover. In due respect some of us here are well serious detectorist and spend endless time and research not interest in fictional stuff. So where’s the actual proof of lost anything, life to short to be chasing rainbows, thankyou. True stories no more nonsense
Good luck...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir, mods and admins are the only people who can tell a member not to post something, just like on TV there is always another channel, just skip the threads or posts you don't like..

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but then you have to constantly go to these places to try and find thesee places
you really don't , I don't , never have and never will .But it's part of the allure of treasure hunting to many young and old . if it gives them a reason to dream , detect and get off the couch, I say post away .
the real question is why you feel compelled to steal their joy.
life is short , play in the dirt..

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the problem, I never said or tell people what to post, moderators or not, please be open minded to those of that r more serious than others, we spend endless hours researching walking miles to uncover things that would otherwise never be found, I appreciate this site, but my opinion without being judged I find this site difficult at times to go through, the tales r great and the truth is there a specific section to point to, thanks,

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"proof of lost treasures and relics, meaning not Wild West stories.....True stories no more nonsense" There are many legends with no proof other than the legend itself, the stories are still welcome here.

As stated if you don't like a thread there are more to read.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100% proof of a treasure would be in a treasure recovery ,but if you aren't looking you're surely not going to be the one doing the recovery. I learned about 35 years ago that relic hunting is work. do your own research , tell your own tales and enjoy the mystique of a treasure hunter.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see so you’re not about true stories or more about fictional novels, great r what you like, respect others I said no personal attacks I invested in equipment and time. I never knew of finding things which I’m interested in by tales. You seem to not understand I teach young and old about this great hobby I don’t send people on wild goose chases, we share information with real people not like some of these indigenous YouTubers, so good luck in your future endeavors

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great , great as the legend has it. That’s your choice, life’s to short in my opinion to chase false narratives, good luck and best wishes

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I stated above I don't chase legends but don't try to stifle those who do.
I don't hunt pennies under swing sets but other do and I'm fine with it.
we are all different , and have different interest . no point in trying to change what other do , Best wishes to you as well .

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good conversation, I detect, parks, fields, water, beach, go into the old frontier when possible which is studied, my time matters, money is money I use it to buy equipment, not a grave digger, point is. we depend on real leads, a beer and camp fire is nice serves its purpose, but at the end of the day some detectorist depend on legit resources, you choose such , a lot of us put in serious time sir, big difference, that’s why we come up with some banner-finds that most don’t. Thanks again I’m not justifying anything just saying would you appreciate it if I put you on a wild goose chase, probably not, thanks

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good conversation, I detect, parks, fields, water, beach, go into the old frontier when possible which is studied, my time matters, money is money I use it to buy equipment, not a grave digger, point is. we depend on real leads, a beer and camp fire is nice serves its purpose, but at the end of the day some detectorist depend on legit resources, you choose such , a lot of us put in serious time sir, big difference, that’s why we come up with some banner-finds that most don’t. Thanks again I’m not justifying anything just saying would you appreciate it if I put you on a wild goose chase, probably not, thanks
Isn't it up to the individual as to which leads they want to follow and which ones they don't? Heck, I have spent endless hours just wandering aimlessly through the woods swinging a detector. I have been skunked, I have found some junk, and I have found some great relics. But more importantly, I had fun, and that is really all I hope for. Everything else is a bonus.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like treasure stories, I like camp fire lore, I like digging holes, I like detecting, and I like big butts and I cannot lie.......If I don't like something, I move on. We should all just get along and quit being like grumpy old men with complaining problems.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting is a treasure hunt so obviously if you are out detecting you are seeking lost treasure. A story is how all treasure is found, buried caches, stolen loot from train robberies or bank robberies.

RelicFinder77

Oct 21, 2022
For many of us, (and I'd bet most of us) the research, sorting the fact from the fiction, and then, finding that "one more piece" of evidence you're headed toward something big, whether it be financial reward, or proving/disproving history, is our reward, "the search" is what it's about for me personally.

I've found many great relics over the years that are in local museums, returned countless pieces of jewelry to people who were broken hearted over their loss, and for me, that smile, that thank you is what it's all about.

I'd love to find a hidden chest of gold, but if I did, what do I have left to look forward to as the likelihood of finding a bigger and better one would be beyond mathematical calculation.

When you get the gift of finding a class ring from 1928, and have the privilege of returning it to the gentleman who lost it, the first day he got it, 3 months prior to his passing away, and hear the story of how hard a burden it was for him and family to buy it back then, only to immediately lose it, and get it back 60 years later, to me is the most awesome thing in the world, and in my belief, a gift and responsibility from above.

Not lecturing, so please do not take it that way, it's just that we all define treasure different from one another, which is completely human.

And we must always remember, that nearly always, a good lie has some bit of truth to it, and stories grow with time.

Prayers you find that 100 percent true story with no additional "facts" added, for me, separating the fact from the fiction is as fun as the digging that next signal is.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more people who spend their time looking for treasure that probably doesn't exist, the less time they spend competing with me! I'll have all those 1700's cellar holes to myself! Never discourage someone from chasing their dream, especially if it's to your benefit!

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more people who spend their time looking for treasure that probably doesn't exist, the less time they spend competing with me! I'll have all those 1700's cellar holes to myself! Never discourage someone from chasing their dream, especially if it's to your benefit!
Nah I don’t deter or fabricate about things in general send people on wild goose chases, why sir I value every dam minute in life, I tell people where to go after I’ve studied the information, big differences, yet the person has to inject some time and effort to find it, I’m not about negativity I believe it or not enjoy people finding things, thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread