Whats wrong with this TM808???

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's wrong with this TM808???

With the 4 1.5volt "C" cells the Whites should give a much greater deflection on the meter when switched to battery check. So check the batteries and I think in the instructions Whites still warn users to scrape clean the battery box terminals at regular intervals.

Hopefully one or other will provide a cure.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That's a TM808? I thought they were black?

tm808_controlbox.jpg

Here's a link to a downloadable manual.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/pdf/manuals/tm808.pdf

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

export version vs domestic version -- domestic is black /white --for foreign sales maybe a differant color pattern --since differant caliberations would be needed due to differant metal make up european coins -- it most likely is differant colored to avoid sending a us coin set up machine to a overseas buyer who needs a machine set up for european coinage

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

New to me. I never saw a TM808 with knobs in Spanish?
Whats wrong with English.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

if one sells to a spanish speaking population * - having things marked in spanish is a + don't you think ?--- JUST STOP AND THINK would you buy something ONLY MARKED IN SPANISH IF IT WAS MADE IN SPAIN FOR EXPORT TO AMERICA ? OR WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE IT BE BOTH ENGLISH AS WELL AS SPANISH MARKED INSTEAD? -so that you "the customer" could understand it . :dontknow:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Detectors are not calibrated for different coins or their metal content (especially not hoard hunters). Same basic metals are used everywhere and same cladding over the base metals of some coins.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

no maybe calibatared is the wrong term . i used -- rather the coin display "markings" for the trash / coin zones on the machines face plate display would be "differant"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread