Iron Patch
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Sep 28, 2007
- Messages
- 19,276
- Reaction score
- 8,954
- Golden Thread
- 3
- Location
- Dirtyville
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 4
- Detector(s) used
- Deus
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
What's your "Best" Heartbreaker find?
Here's one I dug this year and was so pumped to first see the edge and know I had a nice early officer button, but then I moved more dirt aside and seen the hole.
On a year that wasn't good to me for buttons the three decent ones I did get were holed, bent, and very rotted. This early Marine button I would have been very happy with, but I'll still take it.
I no doubt have a few more to add if this thread catches on. How about best heartbreaker or also "nitro moment." (nitro is something that raised your heart rate but wasn't quite what you had hoped for)
.... is it Spring yet?
Here's one I dug this year and was so pumped to first see the edge and know I had a nice early officer button, but then I moved more dirt aside and seen the hole.
On a year that wasn't good to me for buttons the three decent ones I did get were holed, bent, and very rotted. This early Marine button I would have been very happy with, but I'll still take it.I no doubt have a few more to add if this thread catches on. How about best heartbreaker or also "nitro moment." (nitro is something that raised your heart rate but wasn't quite what you had hoped for)
.... is it Spring yet?

Attachments
Upvote
0
then there was the time I showed a pewter spoon find to a guy and he tested its strength by snapping it in half............oh yeah, there's more.........then there was my first year of detecting when I cleaned my Georges with fine steel wool......my short miserable experience with electolysis....then there was the decade when I used an ink eraser to bring up hard to get dates....the there was the decade of olive oil only.....now hopefully this decade I've finally got it right.









