What's new

Whats your detector look like now? Mine is pretty muddy!

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2011
Messages
1,045
Reaction score
567
Golden Thread
1
Location
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what my detector looks like these days with the ground thawed out. I don't even bother cleaning it between hunts anymore. Post pics of what yours looks like, i know i'm not the only one with a Muddy Detector!
 

Attachments

  • 2013muddydetector 001.webp
    2013muddydetector 001.webp
    266.4 KB · Views: 130
How and where do you transport soething that dirty? I have a pickup but it has leather seats and i sure dont want my $700.00 detector bouncing around in the bbed of my truck.
 
Here's what my detector looks like these days with the ground thawed out. I don't even bother cleaning it between hunts anymore. Post pics of what yours looks like, i know i'm not the only one with a Muddy Detector!

You have to stop "drunk posting" FlyinRyan! OMG dude, show some pride! :laughing7:
 
I feel your pain ryan,My detector is caked with a mix of top soil and clay,The rain on the east coast has turned VA into a muddy frickin mess these past couple of weeks.That detector looks mighty clean compared to mine right now.

HH John
 
How and where do you transport soething that dirty? I have a pickup but it has leather seats and i sure dont want my $700.00 detector bouncing around in the bbed of my truck.

I only paid a little more then $700 for my car so if the hatch gets a little dirty that ok!
 
I feel your pain ryan,My detector is caked with a mix of top soil and clay,The rain on the east coast has turned VA into a muddy frickin mess these past couple of weeks.That detector looks mighty clean compared to mine right now.

HH John

I've been wearing my Hunting rain boots lately and in the one field i was in yesterday i was sinking in almost up past my ankles with ever step. It was a little bit muddier then that but i was on the phone with my wife and i knocked a lot of the mud off away from the pinpoint button, i couldn't even see the VDI numbers any more.
 
My detector has looked like that on many occasions, but I always clean it, and if it's been out in very damp conditions I remove the control box and leave it in the airing cupboard. If you don't clean them down, I garantee they will fail, and right when you are on a hot streack

SS
 
flyinryan2 said:
I've been wearing my Hunting rain boots lately and in the one field i was in yesterday i was sinking in almost up past my ankles with ever step. It was a little bit muddier then that but i was on the phone with my wife and i knocked a lot of the mud off away from the pinpoint button, i couldn't even see the VDI numbers any more.

Hey, be happy you can get mud on your boots and detector. The ground thawed here for a couple days in a few places. Us in the land of frozen ground are living through the rest of you right now. So please step ot up before SAAD kicks in.
 
Hay, I always clean mine. Mud on the coil will change your readings. I am in Maryland and after the 6" we got last nite, I sink in the yard about 3" with each step and I only weigh 190#. Frank

111-1 profile.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom