whats your thought about .....

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I suppose if one does not like the comments on this forum they could always GTFO!

Keep it under consideration. :laughing9:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Greetings from Minnesota! :hello:

....ooops, wrong thread! :tongue3:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jtfm (1).jpg

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It's Dale Jr. not Jeff Gordon get it right, and quit talking about my pos truck. :laughing7:

Wasn't Dale married to Roy?

If I recall correctly they had a really ugly kid, big nose- named him Trigger or something like that.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Tnet is a community, a great place to share in the hobby. Many of us have met others online here and eventually hunted together. I am one of those who may have nothing "intelligent" to say, but still want to give support to others. People make time in their lives to upload pictures, think of witty titles and tell their story, in order to show others what they found. Why do we take that time to publicize the finds? I believe for recognition. I am glad that members recognize each other's finds, . Like Dave said, "Let's be pleasant travelers",

I hope you can through your pet peeve, if all the unintelligent posts were never made, I believe this place would be less popular, less active, and left drying on the vine.

I'm like Loco-Digger... I usually don't have anything intelligent to say, but want to support the people on the forum. Loco and I have met (3) times this year to hunt, and we live over 500 miles apart. We met on TNet and have had a good time hunting together, I consider him a friend, as opposed to an internet friend. Whenever I see a post from him, I comment, or "like" the post. Just a little support for my buddy.

I frequently tell members something like: "Well played sir". I know that must drive you absolutely crazy, and I am sorry, but I will not stop, until the moderators make me. I will recognize the achievements of my fellow members, and give them a pat on the back, any time I can.

Thanks for voicing your opinion. That's your right on TNet.

Best of luck to you sir! (I say that a lot too)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Well played sir, best of luck, nice post, looking forward to our next hunt with more Tnet friends up in the NE.

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas Tom. (It's not too early for holiday greeting?)

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
"Well played sir, best of luck, nice post, looking forward to our next hunt with more Tnet friends up in the NE.

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas Tom. (It's not too early for holiday greeting?)

I hope that you and your family have a Merry Christmas too! I will see you and the other gents in April buddy.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn't be offended by the small talk as sometimes it's very relaxing to read how everyone is doing. It's like a family that visits that doesn't have to have something to say but just enjoys being there. All kinds of different people make up a village. What keeps that village together is their ability to tolerate each other and their idiosyncrasies.
Even with the "cool post!" And "thanks for the photos" it can warm the hearts of those that put forth effort to be a part of this community!
As always, Best of Luck out there!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I'm happy to say that not everyone is the same. Why happy? Because it would truly be a boring, hum-drum world if everyone were the same. That said, some people are into detecting; others aren't. Some are into football; others aren't. Some are into driving fast; others aren't. It takes all kinds, and that's what makes life interesting.

For those of you who think that giving a member a pat on the back, or making a joke, or just passing on what is hopefully a good and entertaining story is a waste of Tnet resources, I'm very, very sorry. It's not gonna change any time soon. Doesn't mean you have to chime in if you don't want to - nobody, and I mean NO BODY will think lesser of you whether you post a lot or hardly at all.

For many here (and I fall into this category), some folks are looking for a little something more in their lives - such as finding and getting to know like-minded people. "Like-minded" doesn't mean "all the same". Boy, that'd be boring!! But I like to get to know some of the folks here. I don't do a lot of PM's (just emptied them out for the first time a few days ago...and didn't NEED to yet) and I don't have much opportunity to meet folks in real life. Don't even know if I'll be able to keep the internet going, as it's costing $65/month for 6 gigs; the vast majority of which is spent here. It's worth it to me, but there may well come a time when I simply can no longer justify it. But if Tnet wasn't as outspoken and friendly as it is, I would have gotten rid of the internet a LONG TIME ago!!

It's a clean, friendly atmosphere, and I have yet to see people hitting on other people (sexually speaking). ...Do you know how rare that is in this cyber world?!?!?!? It took me a while to fully understand just WHY someone would want to buy a website like Tnet. I remember reading posts about new ownership some time back. And while the owners don't spend nearly enough time with us "li'l" people :laughing7:, I can absolutely understand now why they would invest $$$ into this place!! Ok, maybe they make some money off of it; maybe they don't. I really don't care. Point is, they have a FABULOUS site, and allow people nearly full privileges even if not Charter Members. It's an awesome place!!

To the Tnet owners:
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

To the Tnet Mods:
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

To the Tnet members:
...Oh, you get the point! :tongue3:

Thank you, Treasurenet, for costing me a bunch of $$ each month!! :hello2::headbang:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
RE: Post #1 - The site has over 110,000 members...no doubt there are a few
who might leave a few odd comments. If they're spammers the mod's will
boot them soon enough.

I've been a member, owner, admin or mod on quite a few large sites, and
without question TNet is the best site I've ever had the pleasure being a
member of.

There's good people here. Good people matter, and like to hang out
with other good folks.

As for myself, living with this :censored: disease, I can't get out and
do much, especially this time of year. Just me and the wife, so I hang
out here in my shop (room I built inside my garage) which I've turned into
my own cave. Got Direct TV and Internet, plus a 27" HD TV/monitor.
Might have a friend or two stop by and visit for a bit each week, but
aside from that I'm on my own 99% of the time.

All that just to say that TNet's is part of my day, every day. It's a place
I can come and hang out with good people, and yep, just shoot-the-breeze
once in a while. There's always something interesting to read, 24/7.
If you're bored with bottles, then go read some paranormal stuff. Bored there?
then step on over to "Everything Else" and you'll find hours worth of entertaining
reading of what many would think are generally valueless posts.

The Viking isn't too wordy, but then there's guys like kcm. He and I seem
to share a trait...we can't say anything in just a few words. For some reason
just saying "Nice find!" takes us a minimum of 2 paragraphs..:laughing7:
I've prospected with, sat around a campfire and shared a bowl with more than
one site member, and those are cherished memories that never would have happened
without TNet.

:dropsmicandwalksoffstage:

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey! Are you trying to say I'm long-winded?? :laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was there a "theme" or a "point" to this thread?:icon_scratch::dontknow:
Hey KCM.... You need to get cable. Unlimited data!!:headbang: 60 meg... Fast!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey! Are you trying to say I'm long-winded?? :laughing7:

Yep, we are, but it beats the hell out of just being "winded"...:occasion14:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Was there a "theme" or a "point" to this thread?:icon_scratch::dontknow:
Hey KCM.... You need to get cable. Unlimited data!!:headbang: 60 meg... Fast!

No can do. We live so far out that we can't even get a land line telephone. ...And you want us to get CABLE?? :tongue3:

All we have is cellular. Not even satellite wants to work here for some reason. Satellite TV will, but not satellite internet. Go figure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread