Whats your thoughts on the AT Pro

MD'ing Zombie

May 29, 2011
Altoona PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been looking all all kinds of detectors to replace my coin master pro... didn't want to spend a tone. The AT pro has some nice features and options. few thing i wanted to know about it.

1. how dose this work in water...says is has a water proof box up to 10 feet.

2. what are your thought on the AT pro???

I have been looking at the DFX 300 but for the price this seems like it will work better for me.

thank you all foay any help you offer!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
1) It has the standard mode, similar to an ACE 250 and is great for beginners, coin & jewellery hunting yet is deep and sensitive to gold.

2) It has the PRO mode, which is one of the deepest metal detectors (single frequency) available today. It was designed to find deep relics, yet with the 15kHz operating frequency,remains very sensitive to gold targets.

3) It is also water proof to 10 feet, so a quick accidental drop in the water or sudden rain will still keep you in the game. And, as a water machine, opens up a new style of detecting and territory in case you were ever interested without buying another water machine.

4)It's made in USA and costs less then half the price of some of the most expensive single frequency metal detectors which are restricted to land hunting only on non-rainy days.

Attachments

• at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 301
  • at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    at_pro_international_controls smaller pic.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 309

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I am truly amazed by the AT Pro! I was just using the standard mode, sensitivity
7 out of 8, everything below zinc cents rejected. I used manual ground balance.
I got a dime down 3.5" in rather bad soil. Then a quarter down 4" that was in the ground very tilted. These at a park I've detected hundreds of times, and I have competition, too. Hard ground so those were probably there for years.

Finally, a depth indication of 8", ID bouncing 80-85 which is the copper penny/dime range. It was a clad dime down about 7", one of the deepest coins I've ever dug & with correct ID! So, the standard mode is both deeper & more accurate then Ace 250. I don't know if my high disc setting knocked out the bottlecaps or if I just didn't pass the coil over any. I also did not get any tabs or aluminum screwcaps.

Stable, accurate IDs in rather bad ground to 7" or more is impressive! Maybe could've gotten deeper at an older place. The 7" dime came out of a park that didn't even exist 40 years ago. Using the stock DD coil, but plan to get the 9x12 concentric that John-Edmonton likes so much.

I think it's the best detector for the price (comparing new prices) & also best detector in weight class, best waterproof detector. Just be sure you get one that was made recently (after about mid-March), as some of the early ones had a problem. Garrett would have serial # info. Best wishes, George (MN)

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John and George couldn't have said it better! Call me if you have additional questions or need great pricing. Thanks, Bart

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Easy to use, waterproof to 10', lightweight @ 3 lbs, customizble programming you can save, tone ID, iron reject, iron audio, automatic & manual ground balance, deep seeking, durable (I leave mine in the truck all the time, with my White's machine, I always felt it was too "delicate" to leave in truck). Really good bang for the buck detector. If you get a chance, give one a try, I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Slugrusher

Well. The AT Pro is my first detector. I have used others, Sea Hunter II and Beach PI, but those are pulse machines. Having only completed two searches I like it a lot. The PI's sound on everything and are deep seekers. I like the different sounds the AT makes. The "burp" or "grunt" for iron is nice. I still feel I need to dig most items as I have in the back of my mind a feeling I will miss something good. I completed a double sand volleyball court yesterday. I came out with some quarters, dime, pennies and plenty of bottle caps. I searched this same court last fall with a Sea Hunter. I could cancel out the tiny pieces of rusted slag that were buried in the sand with the AT, couldn't do that with the SH MII. I like the machine. As soon as the ocean settles a bit I'm looking for a big ring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread