• mystery1.JPG
    mystery1.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,037
OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

Michelle said:
I am beginning to see it now....candle snuffers did have ornate handles or side decorations such as Cherubs, Angels....etc...cold have been torn off over time...Still worth keeping....either way Nice Find!

If something on the outside was ripped of the metal would bow outward not inward. Unless you mean the cherub was pulled through the hole from the inside ???

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nah....Can I ask another stupid Question??? Is it brass...and if it is ,you say it doesnt make a ding noise like a brass bell would "if it were a bell".....Question....Say it IS a bell...would it ding as loud having holes in it? Be Easy on my dumbself

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

b4u said:
nah....Can I ask another stupid Question??? Is it brass...and if it is ,you say it doesnt make a ding noise like a brass bell would "if it were a bell".....Question....Say it IS a bell...would it ding as loud having holed in it? Be Easy on my dumbself

No it would have the same resonance as a complete bell but would still sound kind of bell like. The problem with this Brass object is that it is to thick.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

grndfisher said:
small end of a german wedding cup.

Interesting suggestion, although the hole at the top/bottom depending on which way up it is would some how attach to the head of the women. This bolt would ruin the decor??

Upvote 0

mech

Jun 4, 2006
St Petersburg, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark

Attachments

• mystery1.jpg
    mystery1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 464
Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? why the edges...why the swirls inside ??? gotta agree "Snuffer" can explain the holes "yet"

Attachments

• mystery1.JPG
    mystery1.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 454
Upvote 0

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
dugfinds said:
grndfisher said:

Interesting suggestion, although the hole at the top/bottom depending on which way up it is would some how attach to the head of the women. This bolt would ruin the decor??

The small cup does not attach to the head of the women, it swivels between her hands.

Attachments

• val_jeff.jpg
    val_jeff.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 401
Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grndfisher said:
dugfinds said:
grndfisher said:

The small cup does not attach to the head of the women, it swivels between her hands.
8)

Attachments

• german wedding cup.jpg
    german wedding cup.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 442
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

grndfisher said:
dugfinds said:
grndfisher said:

Sorry, what I meant is how do you explain the hole at the top? See picture

Attachments

• top.JPG
    top.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0

mech

Jun 4, 2006
St Petersburg, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Too small for a german wedding cup... still "not a bell, but looks like a bell" :), I would agree a candle snuffer but the holes dont make sense. ???

Upvote 0

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
b4u said:
dugfinds said:
Tried hanging it from a piece of string & hit it with a metal object & its far to thick & the wrong shape to make any sound that is even remotely like a bell.
Square one.......Snuffer...the inside of this THING has a swirl...also it looks double metaled "like a cup" inside the top of it...snuffer...

The swirl was possibly made by the milling tool used to hollow out the inside.
Scott

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
b4u said:
??? why the edges...why the swirls inside ??? gotta agree "Snuffer" can explain the holes "yet"
I can only say that those particular "swirls" on the inside were done by turning with a lathe in the production process,as well as the ones on the outside that were done for aesthetic purposes.
The one hole has definitely been "manipulated" after the manufacturing of this thing.You can see evidence of it being "punched".Maybe the "offcenter" hole in the top was done after manufacturing also.Maybe this thing was just made to "look" like a bell for some particular reason,doesn't have to sound like a bell to look like a bell.A lot of maybe's I know! Everything else is anybodys guess with this thing! Good luck! :-\

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upon further review, ;D i'm thinking model railroad bell.

Attachments

• Porter3.jpg
    Porter3.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 385
  • railroad pic.jpg
    railroad pic.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0

mech

Jun 4, 2006
St Petersburg, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
I agree the swirls and edges have nothing to do with it ..just machining marks from the manufacture process.
uhhhg...

..there is no spoon...there is no spoon...there is no spoon... :-\

Attachments

• There is no spoon.JPG
    There is no spoon.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mechtech said:
I agree the swirls and edges have nothing to do with it ..just machining marks from the manufacture process.
uhhhg...

..there is no spoon...there is no spoon...there is no spoon... :-\
Okay Spork....How about a top piece to a hanging lamp shade...the hole in top for hanging the holes in the side to secure the shade ??? ??? ???

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions