What's new

When do you detect?

newtector

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
74
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Being a MN native and a newbie to detecting I'm wondering if anyone on here detects year round or just spring till the first freeze.
 
I go year round if possible but this years winter is a doozy! [emoji30]
 
Yur not kidding. Isn't digging frozen ground impossible?
 
Last few winters besides some spots all I needed was a hatchet to get below the frozen layer. Mostly went for the deeper signals so the target was where the dirt was still soft. Snow is a killer for depth so if that was down id stick to wooded areas were there was little to no snow and the ground is usually softer in woods anyway! Most of my best finds came from the winter months so I'm sure glad I did go! [emoji2]
 
Last edited:
every chance I get,unfortunately the chance hasn't been here for awhile now,with more snow on the way:mad:
 
Mostly in Moorhead due to schooling.
 
Around April into October.....normally 5 nights a week and a Saturday or Sunday and 2 to 4 hours at a time.
 
almost every day that there isn't frost in the ground..... Hmmmm.... gotta go now. There might be another silver out there that Greaser won't find.
 
almost every day that there isn't frost in the ground..... Hmmmm.... gotta go now. There might be another silver out there that Greaser won't find.

I hate you Toad. LOL you lucky SOB.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom