What's new

When was your first Gold Find

I remember it clearly. Hunting at night with a husband and wife friends of mine at another friends house. It was some type of school ring @ 10 K. I just had it out the other day but, now I can't find it. I'll be tearing the house up now looking for it. Hasn't been too many gold finds for me since or total. Now where's that flippin' ring?

View attachment 1458387View attachment 1458388View attachment 1458389View attachment 1458390

Ah Ha! Found the old girl. 1932 worn out 10K beauty.

Cool I was typing "I hope you find it" & noticed yr update.

Sweet Ring ! That's my Style.


I love Old Gold & at my age I consider old gold 'per-1960' but I suppose it's all Millions of year old. ???
 
Last edited:
Mine was a few years ago in a small swim area at a local lake. Small 10k gold with a heart shaped ruby center stone and two tiny chip diamonds. My Daughter wanted it for Valentines Day. Gave it to her knowing she would soon lose it. Don't think she kept track of it for more than a few months before it was lost again. Hope the next person to find it can hang on to it a little longer than I did.
 
June, 1986 at Long Beach, N.Y.
Small chunky ladies 14 kt yellow gold wedding band.
I found it using the AT4 by Garrett. I still have it and would love to post a picture but it is packed away for my move to Pennsylvania.
Good post, Oddjob.
 
Last edited:
I found a beautiful 18 k gold woman's ring, with a perfect little ruby... I was super happy and decided to give it away, because I am a woman who doesn't wear the jewelry I find while detecting; it just gets scratched and ruined with all my detecting and gardening (from dirt). She didn't bother with a thank you.

I wish I'd just kept it.
 
I remember both my first, and my last golds...
Both are "Honorable Mentions"

I got an Asston of pulltabs, foil, and nickels...not like I'm not trying.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom