What's new

When was your first Gold Find

Both my gold items, 10k necklace and 14k pendant were eyeballed while detecting.
No solid gold found with my machine in almost 10 years, not for lack of trying.
A handful of gold ​filled rings though.
 
A day or two after I got my XLT back in 2007 I went to a local beach to practice with it and pulled out a few quarters and what I though was a silver ring. Turned out to be a 10k diamond engagement ring.
 
Small 14 k old style engagement ring, minus the diamond, at a play ground, 10-15 years ago.
And i have yet to find a gold ring with a diamond.....in it.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
 
Just a few of my diamonds in this pic - most from water hunting
- you will get more gold from beach sand than dirt (usually) and more from water than both



Small 14 k old style engagement ring, minus the diamond, at a play ground, 10-15 years ago.
And i have yet to find a gold ring with a diamond.....in it.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk
 
Feb,2005. Local park tot lot. 14k wedding band.
 
Three years ago a few feet out of my apartment's back door. Was learning how to use my first machine, an F2 and dug every signal. So much iron. Found a tiny 14K stud earring (missing stone) that I to this day am amazed it picked up.
 
Just a few of my diamonds in this pic - most from water hunting
- you will get more gold from beach sand than dirt (usually) and more from water than both

Do you really need that many? I mean, come on. Share.
 
6 months after I started in the sand at a small inland beach at a state park.
Saw the 10k mark but didn't really know what that meant at the time...such a noob.
Really tiny but still gold.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1152 (2)_PerfectlyClear.webp
    IMG_1152 (2)_PerfectlyClear.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 86
Mine was two months ago. I was digging in my backyard and the VDI numbers showed gold but I didn't believe it because I'm new to Metal detecting. I dug my hole and in the plug I see what appears to be a solid piece of gold. When I pulled it out of the plug what did I find? A lipstick container from the 1940s that said "24 karat gold plated" ha ha. I don't think that counts as my first gold
 
Nothing yet. I will let you all know if and when it happens.........maybe.
 
Found in the 3rd grade on the playground or road when I was 9. Came home and told mom I had a surprise for her. She WAS surprised! She still has it! Showed it to me recently even though I had forgot. 14k heavy seashell bracelet.

image.webp image.webp
 
Mine was probably back around 1990 or 1991. I had read an article in Western Eastern Treasures about gold rings reading up like a pulltab. This was a real revelation for me, and so I figured I would head over to the local athletic field and bag a quick gold ring now that I knew what was up.

I found a little 10k Avon type ring within a couple of minutes, and then spent the next few weeks digging nothing but pulltabs out of that park with surprisingly not another single gold ring.

Since then I have done a little bit better. I even have a couple to wear when I want to look gaudy at the metal detecting club meetings.
 
Do you really need that many? I mean, come on. Share.

believe me - I have - Ive taken more than a few guys to spots of mine and they have gotten diamond rings - some a few huge ones
 
I remember it clearly. Hunting at night with a husband and wife friends of mine at another friends house. It was some type of school ring @ 10 K. I just had it out the other day but, now I can't find it. I'll be tearing the house up now looking for it. Hasn't been too many gold finds for me since or total. Now where's that flippin' ring?

007.webp008.webp009.webp010.webp

Ah Ha! Found the old girl. 1932 worn out 10K beauty.
 
Last edited:
Both my gold items, 10k necklace and 14k pendant were eyeballed while detecting.
No solid gold found with my machine in almost 10 years, not for lack of trying.
A handful of gold ​filled rings though.

I feel ya , Aluminum is the "Monster" for gold hunters. Or for me at-least.
 
Just a few of my diamonds in this pic - most from water hunting
- you will get more gold from beach sand than dirt (usually) and more from water than both

Like I told you before , 'I hope to get in the Water some day'& Thank's for your offer to help-me.

Until then ,ill wait for the "pole Shift".
 
Nothing yet. I will let you all know if and when it happens.........maybe.

Keep at it & dig enough holes & 'You Will'.
Especially with yr water capable CTX.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom