Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
I search Craigslist for coins, and garage sale listing on craigslist with a coin collection in them

The best deal is still 50 cents for a half. Find them in rolls. crh

'have to stack'?

to reach a personal goal? or SHTF comfort levels?

This is just me, but I got paranoid last month when they announced the QE3 and bought a lot of bullion at almost 35 spot.. IMO the price is going to drop again as the stimulus occurs.. Then it should sky rocket up after.. I would pay attention and wait for it to drop more.. I have more to spend on bullion now but will definitely be holding out for another low..

I do coin roll hunting halfs, dimes, nickles and cents. I don't find much here is my area. What I am asking last year we had deals where you sent for information on gold and silver an they sent you a free merc dime. There was ads is some magazines where you call in and gave them the code and you could buy a silver round for under spot price. Plus I got a couple silver dollars for $24 each. some great deals for silver but have not seen any this year.

A year or so ago a silver dealer offered a free ASE and sent you their newsletter (I took the ASE and read the newsletter for a while, they never called me or otherwise harassed me). Within the last several months the same dealer offered a Ben. Don't know if they are offering anything now.

Im gonna open up a website soon with silver stuff if you want to check it out.

yourcity.craigslist.com type coin and coins into the search field. twice a month you will find a good deal.

I got to walking halfs for 5 each this week. I had to drive 10 minutes to get them, so its not the best deal, but it's fun.

mlayers said:
Last year we had all kinds of silver deals. Got free mercs in the mail silver rounds at great prices. But I have not seen or heard of any this year. Was wondering if anyone else has found any great deals out there. I need to built my silver supply back up.

I was just down at Fry's looking at a coin magazine and in the back page was an ad where you send in 4bucks with the ad and you get a walking liberty quarter. But they also send you some "other coins" that I guess you either have to buy or send back something like that.

I was just down at Fry's looking at a coin magazine and in the back page was an ad where you send in 4bucks with the ad and you get a walking liberty quarter. But they also send you some "other coins" that I guess you either have to buy or send back something like that.

A walking half, or a standing quarter?

A year or so ago a silver dealer offered a free ASE and sent you their newsletter (I took the ASE and read the newsletter for a while, they never called me or otherwise harassed me). Within the last several months the same dealer offered a Ben. Don't know if they are offering anything now.

what dealer!! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back