What's new

✅ SOLVED Where Have I seen This before?

garren

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2008
Messages
519
Reaction score
1,330
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this a few days ago and I swear I have seen one before or maybe even dug one before. I don't think I ever knew what it was. It looks cast but its actually steel covered in a heavy coating like it's galvanized. Everything I found there was from the late 1960's through the 70's. Anyone recognize it?

IMG_2147483647 (115).webp IMG_2147483647 (117).webp IMG_2147483647 (119).webp
 
Fishing rod holder?
 
Upvote 0
If it helps here is the circumference of the surface it would have been mounted to at the angle of the feet. If the piece hasn't been bent... Maybe from a boat, to hold oars?


Image2.webp
 
Upvote 0
Mount to hold a fireplace poker or similar item?
 
Upvote 0
lightning rod conductor fastener kind of like item D in the pic sfj_lightning_protection_farm_07.webp ,
 
Upvote 0
yep, the twisted copper band would clip into it on its way to ground... could be.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom