Where to go in georgia

advhtgac

Greenie
Mar 18, 2009
I am heading to Georgia next week Thursday. I will be in northern part of Atlanta. Are there any areas of Georgia within an hour or so drive that it is still legal to pan without joining a Georgia club. I'm only going to be there for a week ar so. I'm not looking for someone to tell me about a specific spot, Just somplace to look where I won't get shot at or ticketed for trespassing. If i find anything I'll put it up here when I get back.

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
in Georgia theres lots of private land. know where your working at all times and have permission to be at that spot close to you!dont assume anything.

OP
OP
A

advhtgac

Greenie
Mar 18, 2009
Hey Strickmam and Takota

Thanks for the Info. I'm leaving here in the next few minutes and just wanted to say thanks. this is definatly one of the best sites on the net. Great people and great info. I think I've learned more about prospecting. here reading some of the posts than all the books I've read in the last few years. I'm taking my grandson along with me on this trip, even with not finding much he is starting to get interested in it too. If nothing else I'll stop in Dalonega and buy him a pan of dirt at the mine. Anyway thanks again for the info. I might be able to post finds as we go throough Georgia and virginia through hotell computers????

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
North east of Atlanta and all around Dahlonega there are quite a few pay to pan sites where they don't shoot you. ;D
Less than an hour and a half from Atlanta. 65-70 mi.

Anywhere in that area you can find a creek to get permission, I have even just pulled off the road at bridges and panned the creeks. Don't think you need permission on the right of ways. Road cuts are fun to prospect as well.

Let us know how it went.

GG~

BangTango

Feb 24, 2009
Did you find any color? Please answer back as so many of these threads just go dead.
I hope you and Grandson had a good time. Oh, And also at the bridges there is a 50 ft' on both sides that is public property, so pan away!! Let us know of our accomplishements.
Bang

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread