Which detector for relic hunting?

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For relics, I like the Master Hunter CX Plus. I know it is not being made any longer, but there are still some good deals to be had. I have the 4", 8", 12" round coils, a 5X7 DD coil and the Treasure Hound depth multiplier. Great machine for small items in trashy areas up to, and including, large deep caches. I hate to see Garrett discontinue this one. I know I wouldn't sell mine and I have other Garretts.

A

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only own 1 detector right now and it is the Masterhunter CX plus.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TXPIRATE said:
I only own 1 detector right now and it is the Masterhunter CX plus.

If you only have one, this is the one to have! Reminds me of the old saying, "Be careful of the man who only owns one gun - he probably knows how to use it!"

A

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many nice detectors out there for relics. I still have my ADS-7 and it is very good. My GTI 1500 I have no confidence in anymore when my Sov GT gets over 2 inches more depth on coins with the same size coils, etc. Even with the GTI in all metal, it won't reach them. But there are many nice ones out there that won't cost you an arm and a leg.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread