What's new

which one?

grounded

Tenderfoot
Joined
May 3, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
australia
Detector(s) used
fisher f2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello all, ive been using an f2 for almost a year,its been a fun md but im now ready to move up. after doing a lot of research im thinking of buying a Tesoro,im mainly after a coinshooter but im unsure which model would be suitable:dontknow:.
 
Vaquero - Good Luck!
 
You can't go wrong with either the Cibola or the Vaquero.
 
If you need ground balance for soil mineralization then get the vaquero. If your soil is mild, get the Cibola. Either way you can't go wrong. You won't have a display jumping all over the place in trashy areas, instead you will learn to listen for a solid tone. One thing you will find Tesoro is excellent at is target separation. If you disc. out the trash you get pops and clicks when passing over the trash. When a non-disc target is hit you get a nice clean tone. Slow down your sweep speed and zero in on the target. I have dug many targets with tabs and nails above the target that the disc. knocked out. I have found several nice coins in trashy areas that I know have been heavily hunted. The Tesoro (Silver uMax in my case) was able to easily pick the targets out of the trash. Some of these areas are so trashy that I can't go 2 inches in any direction without hitting trash. In these cases I set the disc. just past pulltab and before zinc penny to eliminate trash and just cherry pick the coins.

I think other manufacturers make good machines, but at present I don't know because I have only used Tesoro products and extremely happy with the value verses performance factor. If you do decide on a Tesoro, be sure to call one of the forum sponsors to get a better deal on your detector. Whatever you choose good luck and keep us informed.
 
Id suggest after or if u have 2 or more in mind & find it hard to narrow it down pull the specs on both machines or however many & do some side by side tests c which one will b the best for ur Type of detecting where ull get the most for ur money
 
As Terry says, "The Vaquero." I second that.:icon_thumright:
 
thanks everyone for the replies to this thread.after consideration from those who have posted on this thread and the info on you tube I've decided on the vaquero, a big factor for myself in choosing a Tesoro is their reputation and I haven't seen many unhappy users.:icon_thumright:
 
For a coin shooter, I like the Silver umax or Golden Umax (multi tones) or Deleon if a VDi screen is desired.
 
the vaquero, great value for money
 
I'm really loving the Tejon with coin check toggle switch. Slightly heavier than Vaquero but a coin killer.
 
Outlaw is proving out to be a excellent detector for deep coin shooting,awesome relic machine with true no motion all metal mode.Great jewelry detector.TheTejon is more of a advanced detector with lots of power like the Vaquero.The Vaquero or Outlaw.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom