What's new

White Haven PA

Rubicon

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
303
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Pro
Anyone have link to a historic map of White Haven 1824 -1900? Looking for street level detail.
Thanks all.
 
Only good place ever existed in White Haven was the Ugly Mug.

But I will look to see what maps I have.
Joe
 
1873

!uzerne71a2.webp!!luzerne71a3.webp!!!luzerne71a4.webp
!!!!luzerne73b1.webp!!!!!luzerne71b2.webp!!!!!!uzerne71b3.webp


http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~palackaw/maps/1873maps.html#WhiteHaven
 
Thanks Jeff, founded in 1824, White Haven has lots of places to explore.

Rubicon
 
SCHOOL HOUSE PARK at Wilkes Barre & Buffalo sts.
Looks intresting if still a Available to hunt

Especially if it's not used as a park anymore.
 
That park caught my eye, so I zoomed in on google maps, looks like a small section remains.
 
jeff of pa said:
SCHOOL HOUSE PARK at Wilkes Barre & Buffalo sts.
Looks intresting if still a Available to hunt

Especially if it's not used as a park anymore.

Here's that spot from www.maps.live.com.

Looks like TONS of houses in the downtown area from the 1873 Atlas are still there.
I bet there's tons of keepers in those yards around there! :wink:
I've done some detecting in White Haven before.
I got a couple friends there.
Maybe it's time to call them again!
 

Attachments

  • WHPA.webp
    WHPA.webp
    54.6 KB · Views: 480
yep appears to still be a park.

The Brick Building being the oldest

the 2 to the right maybe Concessions ?

!!!ndexCAXOFJWG.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom