What's new

White Tail With Character Points

Cariboo5

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
2,662
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This beauty of a buck showed up, keeping my fingers crossed he continues to do so as bow season is just 19 days away.....
 

Attachments

  • WT Character Points.webp
    WT Character Points.webp
    273.3 KB · Views: 74
This beauty of a buck showed up, keeping my fingers crossed he continues to do so as bow season is just 19 days away.....
Strange looking dark spots, beauty rack.
 
Nice looking rack, but he looks a bit skinny from the angle the pic is taken.

Can't eat horns..so I'd be looking for a fat one... :laughing7:
 
Nice looking rack, but he looks a bit skinny from the angle the pic is taken.

Can't eat horns..so I'd be looking for a fat one... :laughing7:
He does look skinny from that angle. Size of horns for us does not matter as there is no guarantee of any deer showing up and we
have to be lucky to be there at the right time. For me the first legal deer is fair game. The attached picture shows this buck at a different angle.
 

Attachments

  • 7x6 0.webp
    7x6 0.webp
    132.8 KB · Views: 42
He does look skinny from that angle. Size of horns for us does not matter as there is no guarantee of any deer showing up and we have to be lucky to be there at the right time. For me the first legal deer is fair game. The attached picture shows this buck at a different angle.

Depending on a few factors, I'd probably give him a pass, hoping for a deer with more meat
on it. However, if I knew there were few deer in the area, or it gets too late in the season,
then I'd have to seriously consider putting an arrow in him.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom