lost items recovery
Bronze Member
Who hunts with the "new" Dual field surf pi pro? Do you like or dislike it? Like to see your finds!
Don't see many posts about it.
Don't see many posts about it.
Upvote
0
Wow! That bad huh?My first detector. It is stable in the salt water, goes really deep. Picks up the smallest of ever thing. I could never tell the difference between gold and iron with it. I dug up so much junk I gave myself the handle MBbeachrat. Wish I never seen the detector. Great detector if you looking for artifacts.
My first detector. It is stable in the salt water, goes really deep. Picks up the smallest of ever thing. I could never tell the difference between gold and iron with it. I dug up so much junk I gave myself the handle MBbeachrat. Wish I never seen the detector. Great detector if you looking for artifacts.

BBS is still VLF, and there is also FBS which is also a VLF. The BBS has 17 frequencies and the FBS 28 frequencies. If you go back in MD evolution there also was BFO "beat frequency oscillator", and some folks still use them. Many VLFs will not even get 4" in saltwater or even be of much use in the salt due to falsing. The numbers you have are I believe the very most you will ever get, and I wouldn't expect that anybody will get that kind of depth except in the maximum optimum conditions and on objects larger than coins or jewelry in the salt. If you're gonna hunt in saltwater it is best to have a machine with fully submersible capabilities, and that pretty much leaves you with the Excal (BBS) or one of several PIs. Either way if you seek gold you're gonna dig junk since pulltabs and lead sinkers will ring up the same as gold jewelry on all VLF machines.
Not intended to bash any others but I see why it may seem that way after rereading my post. I was a little bitter towards a buddy of mine pushing me towards it and getting me to leave my others. I actually liked the shark a lot and found tons of good finds with it! Very upset with the problems I had with it and tried to get them to cover shipping as I was taking a beating! My hunting buddy hunted with the same machine right beside me problem free while I delt with some serious bad luck! Tesoro went way beyond anyone's expectations to help me through what I was experiencing to the point I've been sworn to secrecy. I'll tell you this... They've got class A++ customer service and highly unlikely any other company will ever beat it!!! The fact is I just delt with a bad batch of something. I treated it like it was a extremely rare egg from a dying breed of bird and couldn't have been gentler to it. Leaked in 3 coils,2 sets of head phones and electrical malfunctions of who knows what. If it didn't happen if still be swinging it today! Check my posts! You can see how great I was doing with it! As for the excal, I'm just overly excited as if I bread a vlf and a pi and it is what "I" like the best. Not trying to push any brands for anyone or anything and expect everyone will find what they like their own way as the rest of us do. I love the idea of pi just not at the cost of digging iron as there's more of it then gold and silver combined! I'll be honest , while hunting on days that turn out to be so so I wonder if I'd been hunting with my pi would I have found something good ,gold, platinum ect.! I have had back surgery and have recently injured my back again and am detecting as a form of rehabilitation to strengthen my back up and because detecting rules! With that being said, yeah I know the good stuff is deeper,yeah a pi is your best bet at reaching the good stuff down deeper but with my back I prefer not to dig any holes I don't have to as it takes a lot out of me to the point of using the heating pad daily but I just can't leave a target behind and wonder what it was and then not sleeping well anyway. Not trying to say who should have what, Just stating my opinion. FYI I started this thread due to the lack of posts about it, how people like it and to see if there are any good success stories with the dual field before I make the mistake of selling it! Happy hunting! Good luck to all of you weather you have a $2500 10' deep water rated machine (over rated) but that's my opinion again or if you drag a clam rake through the water! Good luck either wayNot to offend here but it sounds like you started this thread to push the Minelab product in an under cover way and sort of bash all the rest.( No detector is perfect not even the Minelab and they all have there place) Sounds like you don't like the White's duel field at all and had a grip of issues with the Sand Shark where others have not and praise the detector like you do with your Minelab. You say the Detector Pro Beach Hunter is a toy. That's just your opinion of these detectors and I respect that, but others out there have had different experiences with these mentioned detectors. We now know you really like the Minelab as many others do, it's a great VLF type detector according to most. Also the Fisher CZ 21 is another good VLF unit you may like this one and want to give it a try. Also the comments above about VLF & PI detectors by gunsil is correct that is why guys refer to detectors as VLF or PI type. Happy Hunting, Bill G
Not intended to bash any others but I see why it may seem that way after rereading my post. I was a little bitter towards a buddy of mine pushing me towards it and getting me to leave my others. I actually liked the shark a lot and found tons of good finds with it! Very upset with the problems I had with it and tried to get them to cover shipping as I was taking a beating! My hunting buddy hunted with the same machine right beside me problem free while I delt with some serious bad luck! Tesoro went way beyond anyone's expectations to help me through what I was experiencing to the point I've been sworn to secrecy. I'll tell you this... They've got class A++ customer service and highly unlikely any other company will ever beat it!!! The fact is I just delt with a bad batch of something. I treated it like it was a extremely rare egg from a dying breed of bird and couldn't have been gentler to it. Leaked in 3 coils,2 sets of head phones and electrical malfunctions of who knows what. If it didn't happen if still be swinging it today! Check my posts! You can see how great I was doing with it! As for the excal, I'm just overly excited as if I bread a vlf and a pi and it is what "I" like the best. Not trying to push any brands for anyone or anything and expect everyone will find what they like their own way as the rest of us do. I love the idea of pi just not at the cost of digging iron as there's more of it then gold and silver combined! I'll be honest , while hunting on days that turn out to be so so I wonder if I'd been hunting with my pi would I have found something good ,gold, platinum ect.! I have had back surgery and have recently injured my back again and am detecting as a form of rehabilitation to strengthen my back up and because detecting rules! With that being said, yeah I know the good stuff is deeper,yeah a pi is your best bet at reaching the good stuff down deeper but with my back I prefer not to dig any holes I don't have to as it takes a lot out of me to the point of using the heating pad daily but I just can't leave a target behind and wonder what it was and then not sleeping well anyway. Not trying to say who should have what, Just stating my opinion. FYI I started this thread due to the lack of posts about it, how people like it and to see if there are any good success stories with the dual field before I make the mistake of selling it! Happy hunting! Good luck to all of you weather you have a $2500 10' deep water rated machine (over rated) but that's my opinion again or if you drag a clam rake through the water! Good luck either way

I've the opposite experience with the 2 sharks I own. For multiple years, not a problem, other than a hole in a coil that I wore into it myself on shells without a coil cover. You will continually hear talk of "no iron" with the excal, what you don't hear about is the tiny tid bits of aluminum foil, gum wrappers, pop tops, pull tabs, rivets, and twist ties, that it loves to find. To this date, i've yet to find a single piece of aluminum foil or twist ties with my Sharks, yet have no problem finding the most minute of gold. Likewise, i've not had issues with depth. Any deeper, I would need an excavator. To the OP, I don't care for the wagon wheel, overly buoyant coil myself.
If you have time read my posts titled sand shark finds and you'll probably be extra proud of it and I'm sure you've done well with yours also!
I found over 5 ounces of silver when I was sharking! She was good to me when she was good! I too have experienced great small gold finds that my Detector didn't even pick up back then. No more names I guess!
Wanted feed back from dual field users and to see there posts and then the other brands were brought into it! Not be me at first!
Hope you've hunted in VCO it kinda hurt to leave that mode!
It's like having a warning sign ahead of you that there is a target going to be heading to your coil soon!




