Whites GM 2?

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, i have been trying to find a nugget detector to use for gold instead of my Tesoro Eldorado. I found a fella locally that has Whites Gold Master 2 for sale for $200. Is that a fair price and would it be a big improvement over the Eldorado for a small gold nugget detector. I have heard both pros and cons about them. But i would think with it's high 50Khz it would be right up there with the GB II. Anyone have first hand experience with the Whites?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And i just picked it up from him. Now to get some time on it and learn it. Any tips, advice, etc.?

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Hay Rebel 73153 ,.. I'm still using my GM II [and V-sat] ,and I do find a wee bit of gold ,..from time to time .
Now ,for me in my area's I hunt "in general" I keep my sen. around 3-4 ,even when using the V-sat , I'll lower the SAT before upping the Sen. ,.. believe this works for me . Ground-balance ,..all the time ,easy after time !!!!
Now , all my So. Cali buddys are [more like were] hunt'n with ML 3000-4000's and they do [did] find some larger& deeper one's ,for sure!! So , when out hunt'n with them , I have my own "game plan" ,that work's the best for my machine,. in that given area . This "game" maybe working a real trashy area, these ML boys didn't care for such area's .... ;D ..or maybe it's some really shallow dirt /on rock ,.. yes I know ,ML's work here as well , but I do much better on the sub-grain bit's .....tis' a hard comparaison ,...a few sub-grainer's too a 1 Dwt. nug . ,.. but I'm still having fun .
The meteorite "rush" of the last few years , has given the 'O GM II a bit of a "revival" ,... realiy hot on Chondrite's

Hope this help's,...Blindpig

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Thanks for the reply

It is going to take me a while of using this one to get it down but i think it will work out form me.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All the best with it Rebel--let us know how it works out!

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions