What's new

Whites XLT ?s

IAsoldier

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2008
Messages
943
Reaction score
218
Golden Thread
0
Location
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites XLT ?'s

Can I find a bigger coil for the XLT model. Looking for a butterfly type or a DD coil for it. The coil on it now is a Spectrum coil stock. Also is there a web site to find it to. Thanks Terry
 
Re: Whites XLT ?'s

Click on the Whites logo at the top of the page and go to the Whites forum or website.
 
Re: Whites XLT ?'s

I did for both with no luck but I remember seeing a site that works with the XLT. Also will a coil from a DFX or newer model work
 
Re: Whites XLT ?'s

I don't think SEF came out with the SEF coil for the XLT. DFX/MXT/T2/F75/Explorer etc but not the older 6.592 KHz Whites.

I can't think of any large double D's either. Even the 18 x 3 Bigfoot is just two concentrics one in front of the other.
That leaves you with Hot Head's, HotShots and Whites own 15" 1500 Blue Max. All concentrics. The 1500 Blue Max loses sensitivity to smaller items and picks up a lot of ground effect so not to good. The Hot Head is deeper than the stock coil due to its larger 12" size but again loses sensitivity and needs the detectors gain reduced to keep it stable. That leaves Jimmy Sierra's HotShot which is another at 12 inches but this one does give extra depth whilst still allowing the detection of small coins and rings.

You can't use Whites coils intended for the DFX/MXT/Prizm as they use a higher frequency. I'll check and post if Detech make one thats suitable.
 
Re: Whites XLT ?'s

Cool Thank you for looking around I know I seen one before but it was months ago. I just wish that a newer type coil all you had to do on the XLT or others was change the khz.
 
Re: Whites XLT ?'s

The big question here is why do you want to blow away your money on a largercoil? My XLT will pick up a license plate at 2', it will pick up a nice gold diamond ring on the beach at 10". It has the stock 9.5 coil. What are you looking for and how deep. By the way, a concentric coil will go deeper than a DD of the same size and it will pinpoint better.
​
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom