What's new

Who can tell me why?

fortunehunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2011
Messages
94
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lumberton, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I finally found a grand hotel I have been looking for.It burned down in 1917.It is in the middle of the woods.There isn't any signs of it ever being there.Yesterday I was detecting the area,and when I got to an area of about 30x30 My whites DFX went nuts!It was a solid and loudest tone I have ever heard.When I moved away from that area it stopped.Everytime I went back to that area it would do it again.Any suggestions?Thanks!
 
30x30 safe? One can hope... Honestly, I'm no help on this one.
 
Need More Info.

are you talking Ground signal

or Air signal also. ?

When you hold your detector Pointing at the sky does it do it too ?

Or just on the Ground ?

a 30X30 Target should OVERLOAD
unless it's a deep Pipes, rebar or the Like
 
Maybe the old cellar/basement hole that served as the trash pit for all the electrical, plumbing, and scrap metal debris prior to being filled?
 
30 X 30 debris pit --when the hotel burnt down they most likely shoved all the debris leftover from it into it's basement hole and buried it --the spot would be loaded with scrap metals from the hotel --thus your machines OVERLOAD sounds.
 
boiler from the hotel or maybe sheet metal from a roof
 
Most likely complete junk, could even be a full sized car, maybe a Model T?
Depending on your signal if its ground or air, it may be worth getting a big shovel and just dig a little to see what is causing it. You never know.
 
What am I missing?
You found a grand hotel site that hasn't existed in nearly 100 years .
You then get a huge signal--and don't start digging??
 
Ya, lol what gives?

Dig it.
 
See if you can isolate the target by comming in on it from several directions. That will give you an indication as to where to start digging. It appearantly is a large volume of metal. Frank
 
Dig it is the only to find out!!

Jonnie
 
Jeff,it is just ground signal.It was built in 1850.I have never experienced anything like it.I guess I could just start digging.Not sure.Thanks!
 
Dig a few test holes to see what is under there.

Be sure to report back because we all want to know what you find.

:o
 
:icon_thumleft: Red here, I say go back and run tests like other people have said, I know with Chugs machine, when he hits a pipe or something big, he gets a loud steady beeeeeeeeep. :-\ Sometimes we dig just for the hell of it, and mostly no, cause sometimes he get overladed when we are near some electric lines, pipes and junk! :icon_thumright:
 
First off Congrats on you finding the location, Just a ???'s

What Program were you using
What is you settings?can you back them down?
What coil were you useing?
Do you have a small coil you can use,if so put it on and raise your coil off the ground untill you loose the signal and then slightly lower it till the signal barely comes back and then you can atleast trace the edges of the target to get the basic deminsions on what ever it is?At this point the smaller coil the better
If none of the above work go home get a good nights rest get up the next morning pack a luch a few tylonol and a shovel.


GLHH
Justin
 
I don't know why you don't dig just to find out............ We can't tell you what is there you have to dig.............We could tell you ..pipes .. sheet metal ... junk..ect..ect......... but that is just all a guess and probley could be bad ones at that You said it is just ground signals ...SO DIG.. It could be a safe...
 
trap door in to the twilight zone..
 
I haven't been back yet.I have been busy.Finally getting rain here in Texas.Will let you know what I find.Thanks everybody!
 
I agree, the iron pit is the exact location of the main building. There were a few outbuildings on that site I am sure, not to mention the privies. Just work the grounds that are workable. If nobody has hit this spot (which is highly unlikely) you will have great success. Please post pics of the finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom