What's new

Who can tell me why?

Was doing land survey work on Corp. of Engineer lake. After they bought property, they bulldozed then buried or hauled away the debris. While working around one of these places, I found an open hatch on a pre fab fallout shelter. Opening about 18" square, shelter was 9'tall and about 10'X15'. It was all metal. Doubt you have one of those but be careful if basement filled in 100 yrs ago. The stuff is bound to have left voids. Good luck.
 
fortunehunter said:
I finally found a grand hotel I have been looking for.It burned down in 1917.It is in the middle of the woods.There isn't any signs of it ever being there.Yesterday I was detecting the area,and when I got to an area of about 30x30 My whites DFX went nuts!It was a solid and loudest tone I have ever heard.When I moved away from that area it stopped.Everytime I went back to that area it would do it again.Any suggestions?Thanks!

I am a little confused...30x30...are you talking 30 square feet..inches...yards...miles...If you are talking 30in by 30in, why not just digit?..
 
WheatbackDigger said:
fortunehunter said:
I finally found a grand hotel I have been looking for.It burned down in 1917.It is in the middle of the woods.There isn't any signs of it ever being there.Yesterday I was detecting the area,and when I got to an area of about 30x30 My whites DFX went nuts!It was a solid and loudest tone I have ever heard.When I moved away from that area it stopped.Everytime I went back to that area it would do it again.Any suggestions?Thanks!

I am a little confused...30x30...are you talking 30 square feet..inches...yards...miles...If you are talking 30in by 30in, why not just digit?..
That's what i wanted to know why not dig it............. Why go out with a detector and digger get a signal then don't dig it ???????
 
Wonder if fortunehunter ever went back to dig the mystery target ? Anybody have an update....... ground control to fortunehunter...... radio check....... are you there?......

:dontknow:
 
Dig, dig, dig! What you have is a potential TIME CAPSULE locked in at 1917. Go slow. Be thourough. Not all the treasures will be metal. You have a hunting spot some of us can only dream about! Keep us posted. Tnx. TTC
 
I had the same thing happen once. Turned out it was a 4 foot square piece of 1/16" rusted sheet steel buried about an inch down.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom