What's new

Who Collects Schnapps Bottles?

Harry Pristis

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
2,365
Reaction score
1,314
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northcentral Florida
Anyone here collect antique schnapps bottles?

Here's a couple of Dutch-made bottles for SCHNAPPS AROMATICO from the distiller, J. H. Henke in Schiedam.

The smaller one dates to circa 1890 and was recovered in England.


schnappsaromaticohalf.webp​

This larger bottle is older, circa 1860-70s. It was recovered in Guyana. Neither bottle has a pontil scar.

aromatico.webp​
 
This is a pretty common schnapps bottle. These Udolpho Wolfe's come in a variety of colors, some of which are quite desireable.
schnappsudolphowolfes.webp​
 
I have always loved Wolfe's bottles. I remembering seeing a picture with several Wolfe's in a window in the sunshine, very nice.

Little rich for my blood though... :wink:

Mr R
 
Anyone now here have a schnapps bottle to share with us?

Here's a schnapps bottle that I've newly photographed. Show us yours.

schnapps_von.thofens.webp​
 
Harry, this is the closest I've come to finding an embossed schnapps.

image-3227217643.webp



image-244811121.webp

I'm not sure about this green one. It might be a schnapps but it is not embossed.

image-4275088147.webp

Cleaned up

image-4084333509.webp

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
I've owned a half dozen or so Wolfe's over the years. A couple were pontilled. I still have a couple. Found a group pic of a Hendrik Walter Aromatic Schnapps I still have.
 

Attachments

  • 195A8004A50D4D9DA866DBA1A64D6F3F.webp
    195A8004A50D4D9DA866DBA1A64D6F3F.webp
    83.1 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Road Dog, nice collection sir. The colors are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Bump. Does anyone have any schnapps they want to show us?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
I love seeing people's collections I have yet to find a schnapps bottle.

Sent from my iPod touch using TreasureNet
 
I've owned a half dozen or so Wolfe's over the years. A couple were pontilled. I still have a couple. Found a group pic of a Hendrik Walter Aromatic Schnapps I still have.

Would love to see more pics of your Hendrik Walter bottles :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom