Skippy SH13
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Feb 18, 2015
- Messages
- 1,147
- Reaction score
- 2,376
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Who doesn't love a good clad coin spill!
2nd best coin spill (clad), yet. $1.75. I had a $2.21 spill (at a snow cone shack in May) previously.
Funny thing was, it only rang up as a quarter with a bit of a bounce to a nickel. That's what was in the spill, but usually if there's a couple of quarters in there, it'll ring up at a half-dollar or better.
When I dug it, the tool lifted away one of the quarters from the stack. I think the stack originally contained all coins in one group! I pulled the single quarter, then the big group, then another 2 nickels.
FUN FIND!
About doubled the take on my lunchtime hunt.


-Skippy
2nd best coin spill (clad), yet. $1.75. I had a $2.21 spill (at a snow cone shack in May) previously.
Funny thing was, it only rang up as a quarter with a bit of a bounce to a nickel. That's what was in the spill, but usually if there's a couple of quarters in there, it'll ring up at a half-dollar or better.
When I dug it, the tool lifted away one of the quarters from the stack. I think the stack originally contained all coins in one group! I pulled the single quarter, then the big group, then another 2 nickels.
FUN FIND!
About doubled the take on my lunchtime hunt.


-Skippy
Upvote
14

No melt required!
Do what I do and use your clad to buy silver at your local Coin Shop







