Who here goes armed whenever they are out in the field prospecting or detecting?

Yeah.. I like them Ruger.. and Smith & Wesson.. and them Colts.. well, you get the idea.
I have had some of the best auto handguns... and i love to shoot them! But I don't own one anymore.

I guess , I'm just Old School... my first choice is the "wheel guns". I just love to see that cylinder rotate and hear that revolver go..
"click".. "click".. CLICK"! And I love to hear them big dogs bark.. .44 Magnum.. .454 Casull.. .460 S&W.. .500 Magnum...
Yeah, when you fire a short bar revolver in a big caliber.. you have recoil that most just would not understand!:laughing7:

.my Ruger Blackhawk in the .41 with make your wrist sore....my Taurus .41.......the wife shoots

Yeah.. I like them Ruger.. and Smith & Wesson.. and them Colts.. well, you get the idea.
I have had some of the best auto handguns... and i love to shoot them! But I don't own one anymore.

I guess , I'm just Old School... my first choice is the "wheel guns". I just love to see that cylinder rotate and hear that revolver go..
"click".. "click".. CLICK"! And I love to hear them big dogs bark.. .44 Magnum.. .454 Casull.. .460 S&W.. .500 Magnum...
Yeah, when you fire a short bar revolver in a big caliber.. you have recoil that most just would not understand!:laughing7:

It's more of a "snick, click, CLICK." Love that sound.

Choosing a firearm is like choosing a pickup; there are so many variables involved that it would be impossible to suggest one brand over the other.

What if the man wanted a single-action in .357 Magnum? What Sig Sauer would you recommend he get?:laughing7:

Sigs are fine firearms, but generally overpriced... My brother carries a P220 as his duty weapon, my dad carried a P229 when he was a police chief. My S&W MP40 and I can outshoot them both...

Choosing a firearm is like choosing a pickup; there are so many variables involved that it would be impossible to suggest one brand over the other.

What if the man wanted a single-action in .357 Magnum? What Sig Sauer would you recommend he get?:laughing7:

Sigs are fine firearms, but generally overpriced... My brother carries a P220 as his duty weapon, my dad carried a P229 when he was a police chief. My S&W MP40 and I can outshoot them both...

Agree on the price why I bought a dessert eagle after my sig was stolen and as far as out shooting that depends on who is shooting but he asked for recommendations and I gave mine. Oh always go with ford

Oh always go with ford

I agree...:icon_thumright:

100_0050.jpg

Idaho is one of the few states left who have an 'open carry' law. Some towns even mandate that for every man, woman, and child, there be a firearm. I'd say most citizens here, own and know how to use a firearm. It is not uncommon to see someone wearing a pistol in public.
Twice this year, in downtown Boise, they've had to track down mountain lions. One was caught along the river on BSU campus. A couple of weeks ago, they finally caught the one which had been hanging around the greenbelt by one of our main bridges. It was first sited by a lady who said it was feeding on a deer it had killed in her front yard. We don't worry so much about people, here. Everybody knows somebody or more, are carrying. But sometimes, the wildlife gets a little too brave. I think most people here do carry, and that is the way it should be. I'd rather be safe in an armed general public than sorry in a public which is not allowed to defend themselves, their children or neighborhoods. That's just plain stupid and makes no sense at all.

Just bought my first handgun and i got the Taurus PT 809 C 9mm. No complaints so far. Mainly bought for personal protection in case some tries to break in my house.

wow,, i am still pretty new at MD and it looks like i am MD in the wrong area since i have not been anywhere i needed a gun or knive .
I do own a nice Ruger P51 and a few knives of different sizes .
but when i am MD i have a large buck knive with a 8 inch blade to dig plugs , and my son carrys the shovel trowel.

I see for the most part people are carrying but there are a few that seem to think it ridiculous.......I have to ask....and I know nothing numismatic is worth dieing for but,I spend a lot of time in very rural areas and usually looking for gold.Now........one would be amazed at where people just appear...even though they are not supposed to be there...they are,and they generally approach you.I have to say,never have these sorts been the type I would likely have over for Christmas dinner and usually seem to be in pairs.Now....with gold prices the way they are,and folks aware of this and many very desperate ....usually for their next Meth high,what would you do when you were confronted,and happened to have a pocket of nuggets and a $1000+ detector?I know my answer....I am not a sheep though

I use a laser sighted LCP by Ruger and my folding stock 30 cal M1 carbine with scope is always close by.
Being a dowser and using a "Money Needle" I never know what to expect. It has been said that buried
gold is guarded by rattle snakes. I have run into this more than once and since Gold and Silver coins are
what I am searching for, I try to be prepared for whatever my comes my way. The fact that I am a dowser
and looking for gold, I only search during the correct 7 days of the month best suited for that. 3 days before,
the day of and 3 days after full moon.

I see for the most part people are carrying but there are a few that seem to think it ridiculous.......I have to ask....and I know nothing numismatic is worth dieing for but,I spend a lot of time in very rural areas and usually looking for gold.Now........one would be amazed at where people just appear...even though they are not supposed to be there...they are,and they generally approach you.I have to say,never have these sorts been the type I would likely have over for Christmas dinner and usually seem to be in pairs.Now....with gold prices the way they are,and folks aware of this and many very desperate ....usually for their next Meth high,what would you do when you were confronted,and happened to have a pocket of nuggets and a $1000+ detector?I know my answer....I am not a sheep though

They will come looking for protection when the zombies invade

I take my 1911 to the Utah Territory. Mountain Lion and Moose frequent the area I hunt in......

I carry (concealed) everywhere I go with the exception of when I hike/backpack, metal detect, or prospect. We have a lot of brown and black bear where I live, and I have run in to more than my share, but they usually run away or we turn around and walk the other way. Simply, with 35 years experience with bears, I have no fear of them and doubt that I would be able to shoot them if they charged anyway, even though I am a highly skilled weapons handler.

When in town, at home, or in any populated area, we carry concealed. Hmmmm. Odd. Love critters concerned about people? :dontknow: Maybe when I move down to the lower 48 I will rethink my outdoor carry policy.

"I got a gun the other day from sako,
It's cute, small, fits right in my pocket,
Yeah, right in my pocket" - System of a Down

"I got an old silver coin the other day from Sordid Park,
It's cute, small, fits right in my pocket,
Yeah, right in my pocket" - Treasure enthusiasts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back