Who knew that Boredom = Silver?

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. So this past weekend, I was at my daughters softball game. The field she's playing in is on farmland that dates to the mid 1800's. I've found mercs, buffalos, wheaties and one Indian head on the grounds.

Anyhow, during a break in the game, I sneak down into the side woods where there's walking paths and such to sneak a quick smoke. As I am standing there, I'm just walking around looking at the ground to see if there is anything 'neat' to see.

I happen to see this silver disc laying on top of the ground. Shiny as could be. I think "score". I reach down, pick it up, and what do you know... there staring back at me is a 1942 Merc! As I study the ground from which it came, it's in a small area where rain water washes through this small area. It seems this coin was somehow unearthed by this rushing of water.

Looks like I have to get back there with my detector and hunt that spot!

Just never know where silver will pop up on you!

Upvote 0
I've been hitting one of those old farm field parks for the last 4 weeks and have pulled a LOT of cool stuff,tokens,seateds,LC's,and relics,you better get back back there,treasures abound for the picking!!! God Bless Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back