WHO WANTS TO DIVE FOR TREASURE

That Pic looks like Morgan City. Is that the soon to be R/V Seahunter III???

Seahunter,

well im about done working in the marina where my boat is,should have it all done by the end of january.im also working on getting my boat in shape.got all the teak inside stripped an ready for new varnish.got half the paint on the inside stripped.after i get the rest stripped ill epoxy prime an paint it with aerospace epoxy paint.then on to the outside upper deck of the boat,have to strip off all the paint.i already did a test on the windshield frame.used a 4500 psi pressure blaster with a sand blast attachment,worked great took everything off to bare aluminium.this is what i will use on the upper deck and bridge,should only take a few days to get all the paint off an a day to epoxy prime it.the primer is white so its as good as paint.when i have everything primed i will paint it all in 1 day.im installing alot of high end video camera gear on the boat,so the medical camera system will be on there as well.plus i have a DPV with a video cam on it for those fly by videos.ill be down as soon as i get the boat done.

Good eyes Brad
Yes that was Morgan City. No it is not the next Seahunter. Not quite big enough. Not enough draft. Less house and more work space on the first floor and a bigger second floor so six or eight guys could live on it for a couple months at a time and now we are starting to get there, but it is one of the boats that got me thinking where I wanted to go. I will post some more pictures soon of ones similar to the one to be built.

Fisheye
Look forward to your visit. Maybe you can teach me how to take closeup pictures of the coins and the right camera to do it with.
Seahunter

Hi Brad
Here are some of the boats we looked at while traveling.

Attachments

• boats 047.jpg
    boats 047.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,648
  • boats1 013.jpg
    boats1 013.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,590
  • boats1 005.jpg
    boats1 005.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,617
  • boats1 001.jpg
    boats1 001.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,620
  • boats 045.jpg
    boats 045.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,632
  • boats 044.jpg
    boats 044.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,648
  • boats 048.jpg
    boats 048.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,640
  • boats1 016.jpg
    boats1 016.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,636
  • boats 043.jpg
    boats 043.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,654
  • boats 007.jpg
    boats 007.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,643
SEAHUNTER said:
Hi Don
The best and most predictable weather for diving is basically May through October ands we should be up and running with a fulltime crew on at least two boats by May. Let me know when you are thinking of coming.

SH,

Discussed this with the Boss :-* and she gives it two thumbs Up ;D to come down your way and do some diving on your site. We will more than likely try to make it when she has a break from her college classes. Putting her back though college, so she can get a better paying job and I can retire and spend my last days diving for treasure. Classes break is scheduled for the week of 27 May - 3 June or there abouts. I'm also hoping to bring down my dive partner of 18 years with us as he is interested in helping out too.

More to follow,

DD

Mariner
Thankyou for the kind words. I get most of my enjoyment doing this through sharing with others.I feel lucky to be able to do this and want to share it.

Mike
You are more than welcome to join us whenever you are here.

Dandydon
You and your partner are welcome to come . Late May or early June is usually an excellent time.
USTiger
Got your pm will send you a pm tonight.
Seahunter

NYC, that was a good deal and should be a great platform.

Congrats!

SEAHUNTER said:
Dandydon
You and your partner are welcome to come . Late May or early June is usually an excellent time.
USTiger
Got your pm will send you a pm tonight.
Seahunter

SH,

I'll be down for a week, starting 3 - 9 June, looking forward to meeting you and the rest of your crew. Will PM you with the details as to where I'm staying.

DD

Scotty and I tried yesterday and today, but it is quite a bit rougher than it looks.
Water was crystal clear.
Maybe next week.

Attachments

• j060942i.jpg
    j060942i.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,433
Oh man! I'm getting anxious already...can't wait to get out there. Good luck, and I'll see you soon!

Jason

Jason,

Do you have a rough time frame that you think your going to be back in FL. let me know maybe we can hook up.

Don

Seahunter,
Looks like you have more help than you could ever need but since I am only a couple of hours from you I would like to help in the near future for a couple of days. Our weather is pretty crappy on a regular basis up here this time of year. Just moved the fleet down to Cape Marina and plan to do some but very little work til March or so. I will keep an eye on the Noaa buoys in your area. If you see a window that you could use my help, give me a shout.
(I am pretty good with a camera, was a pro when I was in my.....early 20's).

DiverLynn

Hi Lynn
Look forward to diving with you when the weather gets better. I also appreciate any one who can take a good picture. Not my strong point. Skip came by today to take pictures of this years finds. Here are a couple pictures. Hopefully this year we will need to take a lot of pictures, and video.

Attachments

• 2006 treasure 061.jpg
    2006 treasure 061.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,364
  • 2006 treasure 062.jpg
    2006 treasure 062.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,362
  • 2006 treasure 065.jpg
    2006 treasure 065.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,360
  • 2006 treasure 066.jpg
    2006 treasure 066.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,339
  • 2006 treasure 067.jpg
    2006 treasure 067.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,349
Scott,

Those are some great pictures. My coin looks good! Is that a "9" I see on the side with the shield?

Robert in SC

That's what it looks like to me Robert...cool. Nice pillar and wave reale about half way down too, nice pics Scotty.

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back