WHO WANTS TO DIVE FOR TREASURE

Hello T Hunter
Yes you may. I hope you live close by or can come in the summer. Scheduling around the Florida weather can be difficult.
Seahunter

Seahunter that sounds great! You guys are doing a terrific job down there and having alot of fun. Thanks for the chance to hunt with you guys maybe in the near future. At this point I am going to have to wait a couple of months to get my ears back in shape from a quarry dive in Sept. which I hurt my ears. I live in Delaware and could possibly come down in a few months for a week. Please keep in touch. Mark [email protected]

Great Job Scott, Skip, and Scotty! 12 in one day is dang good for an old worked out wreck, I love the pillar and waves. :D I've got 3 weeks vacation next year and I bet I spend it all at Jupiter...at least I hope I do.

Nice!! The waves really stick out on that corroded coin. They should clean up nice. 8) 8) 8)

SEAHUNTER

How is the cleaning of my beer can find coming?

I have been away from my computer for about three weeks and when
I got back home I didn't find any mention of my beer can cleaning
(including pics). Did the State of Florida substitute my tremendous
find with one of lesser quality already in their vaults in Tallahassee?

Keep me posted?

Dinkydick

Hi Dick
I got the detector you sent to me. I am on the road this week, travelling the country looking for the new bigger and better Seahunter II, so when I get back I will ship yours to you. Sorry for the delay.
Scott

Some research that may be of interest:

Historical research based on documents from
the Archivo General de Indias. Sevilla, Spain
Victoria Stapells Johnson
September 2006

In our archival search to identify the name of the “Jupiter wreck”, the starting point in the Spanish archives was the section Contratación ( issues related to trade with the Indies) and specifically: the Libros de Registros for the time period of the mid 17th century. In these bound volumes are the names of many (but not all) of the ships which plied back and forth across the Atlantic during the years of the Carrera de Indias. In most cases, there is a note in the margin beside a ship which wrecked in the course of a journey. As regards the ship at Jupiter Inlet, silver and gold coins and particularly a silver bar marked no. 820 found at the site, indicate a point of departure from Tierra Firme. Hence, the ports of Cartagena and Portobelo were checked most carefully. In this initial stage of research, there is no evidence to suggest this wreck being of a ship returning to Spain from Mexico.

Of the ships which meet the profile for the “Jupiter Wreck” based on the document search at the Archivo General de Indias, six are “aviso” ships. By decree of the crown in 1525, avisos were the ships designated to carry official correspondence back and forth between Spain and her over seas colonies. Two courier or aviso ships were despatched each year from Spain to Nueva España (Mexico) and Tierra Firme (north coast of South America). Small ships which generally did not exceed 100 toneladas, these vessels were capable of sailing quickly and efficiently. Aboard, they carried all manner of crown documents to the colonies. On the way back to Spain they carried a variety of papers: correspondence from the colonial treasury accounts, court cases, reports from the Viceroys, court cases, religious correspondence and so on. Another very important part of an aviso’s job was to inform the authorities of the presence of lurking enemy ships ready to attack the treasure laden fleets returning from the Indies. Passengers were not allowed on board officially although there were plenty of exceptions. Of course avisos also carried some cargo: on the way out from Spain, this would include items needed in the colonies such as wine, oil, wax, textiles and funds for garrison payrolls. Iron work or tools were taken as ballast. On the return trip, one can imagine that a certain amount of contraband was loaded on these ships in the form of silver or gold. This was common practice on all ships during the colonial time period.

In the time frame of the Jupiter wreck, there were FOUR ships which sailed as avisos and appear to have wrecked on their return trip to Spain from Tierra Firme ports.

SAN FRANCISCO Y SAN ANTONIO
In 1657 Bernardo Somoza requested that his ship, the San Francisco y San Antonio of 60 toneladas cargo capacity and built in Seville (Spain) be granted a license to sail to Tierra Firme as an aviso (courier ship). The outgoing manifest for this ship is in the section Contratación of the Archivo General de Indias. In it, there is information on the ship, artillery, ship fittings and a complete crew list as you will read in the transcription and translation included further on in this report. This aviso left Seville in February 1658 for the ports of Cartagena and Portobelo. There is no evidence that it returned.

Note: there is another San Francisco Y San Antonio which sailed to Caracas with the Tierra Firme galleons under the marqués de Villarubia in 1658. This was a Dutch ship, 267 toneladas, her owner was Manuel Bozardo. It returned to Spain safely.
Source: Archivo de Indias (A.G.I.) - Contratación 1005, 1202, 1617

SAN FRANCISCO Y SAN DIEGO
In the fall of 1659, this aviso sailed to Tierra Firme. The owner of the San Francisco y San Diego was Francisco Velazquez del Campo. This ship had been built in Jamaica and at 235 toneladas, was quite a bit bigger than Bernardo Somoza´s ship. It was considered to be a good strong ship for the trip but we know nothing about her return journey.
Source: A.G.I. – Contratación 1005

SAN MIGUEL ARCANGEL
Despatched by the Viceroy of Peru, the San Miguel Arcangel sailed as primer aviso under Juan Ramirez de Miranda, pilot Diego García and Captain Juan de Ostalaca from Portobelo for Spain on September 18, 1659. Six and half months later, the ship had not arrived in Spain and was feared to have wrecked. It was decided to send duplicates of all the correspondence on the next aviso to Spain in April 1660. On the backside of the letter there is a scribbled note “ The aviso ship under Juan Ramirez de Miranda wrecked on the coast of Florida” Included with this document is another longer report (23 pages) entitled “Testimonio sobre el despacho del navío San Miguel Arcangel que se despachó de aviso a los reinos de España por el Virrey del Perú a cargo de Juan Ramirez de Miranda” This deals with the financing and preparation of the ship to sail to Spain and there is no reference to what happened to it after leaving Portobelo. A list of the boxes of correspondence loaded on the ship is included. Nevertheless, it should be read through carefully in case there is any information on the ship itself. Juan Ramirez appears to have been a notable in Portobelo. In 1661, he was named notary of the city of Portobelo. It is suggested that further research on this man might shed some light on the aviso because he undoubtedly had cargo on board.
Source: A.G.I. – Santa Fe 43, ramo 3, n.10. Also: Panamá 58, n.1 Confirmación de oficio: Juan Ramírez de Miranda. 14 enero, 1662

JESÚS MARÍA
This aviso under Juan Bautista de Echevarría, sailed from Portobelo and was last seen in the Bahama Channel (Straits of Florida). The ship was leaking and was feared to have been lost in a storm. On its return trip to Spain, first it had sailed from Portobelo to Havana and then set off from the Cuban port on March 3, 1661
Source: A.G.I. – Indiferente 1182

In the different Audiencias (colonial government papers) of the archives, there is mention of two or three avisos which sank in this time period but for which we have no name:

- 33 men survived the wreck of this courier ship off the coast of Gega, Florida in 1659
Source: A.G.I. - Santo Domingo 233

- An aviso sailed from Portobelo on July 25, 1660 and wrecked “off the coast of Florida”. It is possible that this is the same ship as the one at Gega
Source: A.G.I. – Panama 22

- Mention of an aviso “which was lost” in a letter dated Panama, May 27 1659.
Source: A.G.I. – Panama 36

There is also a “ situado “ ship for which we have no name either.

- In a letter to the crown from the Governor of Havana dated April 26, 1659 there is mention of a frigate which wrecked while carrying supplies “and some silver” to Florida. This was a “situado ship”, used for carrying crown subsidies for soldiers and garrisons. It is not however clear if the ship sank on leaving Havana en route to Florida or if it wrecked closer to the coast of Florida.

Finally, we also have the names of other ships which were granted permission to sail to the Indies as avisos during the time period 1658 – 1659.

San Francisco de Paula, 130 toneladas. Diego García de la Parra

San Mateo, 200 toneladas, 10 cannons. Captain Gerardo Rodríguez

Santiago, 240 toneladas, 9 cannons. Dutch owned

San Nicolás, 200 toneladas. Dutch owned

La Ciudad de Lisboa, 280 toneladas, 12 cannons

Source: A.G.I. – Contratación 114

SUMMARY OF DOCUMENT SEARCH WITH REFERENCE TO THE LIMA AND POTOTSI MINTS

One of the most important finds at the wreck site is a magnificent silver bar with the clearly discernible serial number 820 marked on it. Consequently, a brief search was made in the sections Contaduría (accounts section) of the Seville archives in an attempt to identify the mint where the bar was struck and, if possible, the ship on which it was loaded to return to Spain. Whenever possible, archival research attempts to link serial numbers on bars or cannons to the cargo manifests. If a match is made, this information is extremely valuable for ship identification. In the case of the “Jupiter wreck”, much more time must be spent on this aspect of the historical background. The documents seen to date include this information for the study:

- There are a series of documents for the years 1658 -1661 which list the silver bars, coins and gold sent on various armadas and fleets from the Indies back to Spain. The value of the silver and coins is given but no serial numbers have been found. In many cases, the origin of the treasure is given: Potosi or Lima.

- An agreement between the Viceroy of Peru and the Treasury in 1652 (with a copy in 1664) regarding reforms to the mint and the mines at Cayoma. We assume that the orders in this document extended throughout Peru. The document describes how the coinage is to be changed in its weight and value (See A.G.I. Lima 115)

- There are many documents relating to the inspection of the mine at Potosí. As of 1634, there were various attempts to inspect and revise the mint at Potosí. Don Juna de Palacios who was the official in charge states (in an undated document) that “ the disorder of the coins minted at Potosi continued to such an extent that the foreign nations complained to H.M.
( See A.G.I. Contaduría 1818A)

A letter from the government at Quito dated July 3, 1653 describes the value of the coins being minted, the legislation implemented by Viceroy Salvatierra ot Peru and how these are to be marked. It is probable that these orders in the treasury relayed by the Viceroy were implemented throughout the kingdom. (See A.G. I. Contaduria)

CARGO MANIFEST OF THE SAN FRANCISCO Y SAN ANTONIO. AVISO TO TIERRA FIRME

Sanlúcar de Barremeda, 12 February 1658
Inspection of the First Aviso ship to Tierra Firme : San Francisco y San Antonio

Don Bernardo de Somoza, of the city of Sanlúcar de Barremeda, owner of the ship San Francisco y San Antonio, built at the shipyard of this city (Sevilla), and of 60 toneladas capacity. It has come to my attention by virtue of the decrees of H,M. that two avisos are to be despatched to the province of Tierra Firme and with the desire to the crown, I offer with grace and at my expense, the said ship to make the trip as the first of the two avisos with the said despatches and official documents which are to be remitted to that province. I would ask for assistance in the outfitting of the ship and crew that I be granted permission to take a cargo of 30 toneladas of good and local products which will be loaded and shipped on my account…

The ship having been inspected: hull, masts, sails, yards, and these have been deemed in good state and the ship ready for service. It is to carry the following spare parts:

Spare parts
Three anchors of 7 to 9 quintals ( 1 quintal = 46 kilos)
One anchor weighing 4 quintals
One hurricane hawser of four inches thickness
Two hawser laid ropes of 4 to 6 inches
A set of new sails
A new topsail
A new fore mast
400 varas of canvas (1 vara= .836 meters)
9 quintals of rigging
A Stay sail and knives for all the yard arms
A top mast
1 arroba of sail thread ( 1 arroba = 11.5 kilos)
200 needles
1 quintal of tallow in loaf form
1 box of tallow candles
Lead in leaf form
1 quintal of pitch
1000 tacks
1 lock
200 scupper nails
1 quintal of oakum
2 pumps and fittings
1 metal band /hoop
4 lanterns
1 rudder
A skiff with two sets of oars
20 oars of 20 palmos for the ship ( 1 palmo= 21 cm)

Arms and Artillery
2 iron cannons: 4 pounders (calibre) with gun carriages
3 swivel guns
24 muskets
2 quintals of rope
1 box of musket balls
100 cannonballs
5 quintals gunpowder
20 “chacos”
1 large ladle
2 “botafuegos” – wooden stick with wick used for lighting artillery

Officials and Crew

CAPTAIN AND OWNER OF SHIP: Don Bernardo de Somoza. From Sanlúcar. A well known person.

MASTER: Alonso Garcia. From Cádiz. Large nose and greyish-brown eyes, age 30

PILOT: Juan Gonzalez Patriño. Well known person in Sanlúcar, age 44

BOATSWAIN: Gaspar de los Reyes. From Cartagena de las Indias. Good build, mulatto skin colour, age 35.

SAILOR AND GUNNER: Lorenzo Sánchez. From Sanlúcar. Good build, deep set greyish-brown eyes, age 52

SAILOR AND CARPENTER : Juan Crisotómo. From Sevilla, medium build, wide face, thick black eyebrows, age 25.

SAILOR: Diego Pelaez . From Sanlúcar. Tall, large nose, small eyes, age 26

SAILOR: Pedro Terralvo. From Cádiz. Well built, large thick nose, greyish- brown eyes, age 22.

CABIN BOY: Andrés de Herrera. From Sanlúcar. Well built, blue eyes, large nose, mole on the right side of his beard, age 18.

CABIN BOY: Juan de Lozarraga. From Bermeo, Vizcaya. Médium built, scar between his eyebrows, small eyes, age 18.

CABIN BOY: Juan Thomas. From Tenerife, Canary Islands. Well built, sunken greyish-.brown eyes, age 20

SAILOR: Luis Beltran. From Sevilla, scar on his forehead, sunken black eyes, age 24

SAILOR: Juan Sanchez. From Cádiz. Scar on lower lip, no beard, age 22.

SAILOR: Antonio de Armendares. From San Sebastián, Vizcaya. Thick large eyebrows, scar on his left check, age 20.

SAILOR AND CAULKER: Antonio Cardoso. From Higo, Asturias. Good build, greyish-brown eyes, no beard, scar on his right hand, age 22.

CABIN BOY: Francisco de la Torre. From Sanlúcar, small greyish-brown eyes, scar above his upper lip, age 19.

CABIN BOY: Andrés Hernández. From Sanlúcar, médium build, round face , thick black eyebrows, scar on his forehead, age 18.

SHIPS BOY: Manuel Pérez. From Ayamonte. Sunken eyes, scar on right side of his forehead, age 15.

CABIN BOY: Gonzalo Tirado. From Sanlúcar, thick black eyebrows, mole on right side of his mouth, greyish-brown eyes, age 19.

CABIN BOY: Alonso de Ortega. From Sanlúcar, close knit eyebrows, frizzy hair, dark skin, black eyes, age 19.

Supplies for the trip
25 quintals of biscuit
3 balcas of meat
9 quintals salted cod
10 fanegas chick peas ( 1 fanega = 55.5.liters)
3 fanegas de beans
200 earthenware jars of wine
5 small jars of oil
12 jars of vinegar
200 jars of water
3 barrels of water
Salt and firewood

Aside from the correspondence and official documents which is itemized in the register, there were also various chests of unidentified contents, some textiles, 347 slabs of iron ( ballast) and bottles of oil, aguardiente and wine.
Source: Contratación 1617

Future research
As can be seen by this impressive list of candidates for the “Jupiter Wreck”, considerably more research needs to be done before positively naming this ship. Once we have identified the ship, it is hoped that we can find the manifest and description of the ship and its fittings. To date, the only manifest we have is for the San Francisco y San Antonio sailing to Tierra Firme. Ideally, it would be of great interest to find a narrative of the event by survivors. Unfortunately, compared to silver fleets or armada galleons, there is scant information regarding avisos which wrecked during the Spanish colonial period. In the archival documentation, the reference is quite often only that the ship “sank” or “is missing”. As there were always duplicate copies of official documents, these were inevitably sent on the next aviso returning or sailing to the colonies. Avisos with cargoes of monies understandably received more attention. Nonetheless, with this introductory report, we have a working list of ships so as to continue looking for a match for the wreck found at Jupiter Inlet.

Archival Sources from the Archivo General de Indias
Contratación
114. Asientos de barcos; avisos. 1658 - 1659
1202. Registros de ida a Tierra Firme, 1658
1617. Registros de ida a Nueva España y Tierra Firme, 1640-1659

Audiencia de Santo Domingo
233. Cartas y Expedientes de personas seculares de la Florida, 1626 – 1672.

Audiencia de Panamá
22. Cartas y Expedientes del presidente y Oidores, 1656-.1661.
36 Cartas y Expedientes de oficiales reales de Panamá y Portobelo, 1649 - 1662
58 Provisión y confirmación de oficios vendibles y renunciable, 1662- 1673

Audiencia de Santa Fe
43. Cartas y Expedientes del Gobernador de Cartagena, 1656 – 1672.

Indiferente General
1182. Cartas remitidas al Consejo, 1661-1662

Spanish transcription of the manifest: SAN FRANCISCO Y SAN ANTONIO
Sanlúcar de Barremeda, 12 febrero 1658
Visita del primer aviso a Tierra Firme: San Francisco y San Antonio
Dueño don Bernardo Somoza

Don Bernardo de Somoza, vecino de la ciudad de Sanlúcar de Barremeda, dueño del barco nombrado San Francisco y san Antonio, fabricada en el real de esta ciudad (Sevilla) , de porte de 60 toneladas poco mas o menos. Digo que a mi noticia es venido que en virtud de ordenes de VM se despachan dos avisos a la provincia de Tierra Firme y yo por servirle me ofrezco con el dicho barco a hacer el primer viaje de estos dos avisos graciosamente y sin interés ninguno y llevar en el los dichos pliegos y despachos que se hubieron de remitir a dicha provincia concediéndome para ayuda el gasto del apresto y gente de mar, permisión para llevar cargadas con registro 30 toneladas de mercaderías y frutos de la tierra cuya carga ha de ser de mi cuenta…

Visitose el buque del dicho navío árboles, vergas, y entenas, masteleros y se hallaron estar de servicio y estar estanco y bueno el dicho navío y tener de respeto lo siguiente:

Tres anclas encepadas de peso de siete a nueve quintales
Un anclote de cuatro quintales de peso encepado
Un calabrote de cuatro pulgadas
Dos guindalezas de cuatro a seis pulgadas
Una esquifazón de velas nuevas envergada
Una vela de gavia de respecto nueva
Un trinquete nuevo de respecto
400 varas de lona de respecto
Nueve quintales de jarcia de toda mena de respecto
Una vela de estay nuevo y cuchillos para todos los penoles a
Un mastelero de respecto
Una arroba de hilo de vela
200 agujas
Un quintal de sebo en pan
Un cajón de velas de sebo
Plomo en hoja
Un quintal de brea
Un millar de tachuelas
Una cerrada
200 estoperoles
Un quintal de estopa
Dos bombas guarnidas
Dos aparejos para ellas
Acador y sacanabo
Un suncho
4 linternas
Una forma de timón
Un batel con dos equipaciones de remos
20 remos de 20 palmos para el navío

Armas y Artillería
2 piezas de hierro de a cuatro libras de bala encabalgadas con sus cureñas
3 pedreros con tres cámaras cada uno
24 mosquetes con sus frascos
2 quintales de cuerda
1 cajón de balas de mosquete
100 balas – 50 de palanquetas y 50 rasas o ralas
5 quintales de pólvora
20 chacos
Una cuchara
2 botafuegos

Gente de mar

Capitán: Don Bernardo de Somoza. Dueño de dicho aviso. Natural de Sanlúcar. Persona conocida

Maestre: Alonso García. Natural de Cádiz. Nariz grande y ojos pardos. De edad de 30 años

Piloto: Juan González Patiño. Persona conocida de Sanlúcar. De edad de 44 años.

Contramaestre: Gaspar de los Reyes. Natural de Cartagena de las Indias. Buen cuerpo, color mulata, de 35 años

Marinero y artillero: Lorenzo Sánchez. Natural de Sanlúcar. De buen cuerpo, ojos hundidos y pardos. De 52 años

Marinero y Carpintero: Juan Crisóstomo. Natural de Sevilla. Mediano cariancho. Sejas negras y gruesas, de 25 años

Marinero: Diego Peláez. Natural de Sanlúcar. Alto nariz grande ojos pequeños de 26 años

Marinero: Pedro Terralvo. Natural de Cádiz. Buen cuerpo, nariz grande y gruesa. Ojos pardos de 22 años.

Grumete: Andrés de Herrera natural de Sanlúcar. Buen cuerpo ojos azules nariz grande lunar en la barba al lado derecho. De 18 años

Grumete: Juan de Lozarraga. Natural de Bermeo, Vizcaya. Mediano señal de herida en la frente en el entrecejo y ojos pequeños, de 18 años.

Grumete: Juan Thomas. Natural de la isla de Tenerife, Canarias. Buen cuerpo, ojos hundidos y pardos, cejas negras, de 20 años.

Marinero: Luís Beltrán natural de Sevilla. Alto señal de herida en la frente ojos hundidos negros, de 24 años

Marinero: Juan Sánchez. Natural de Cádiz. Señal de herida en el labio de la boca en la parte baja lanpino. De 22 años

Marinero: Antonio de Armendares. Natural de san Sebastián, Vizcaya. Cejas grandes y gruesas y ojos negros señal de herida en la mejilla izquierda. De edad de 20 años

Marinero y calafate: Antonio Cardoso. Natural de Higo en Asturias. Buen cuerpo ojos pardos lanpinos señal de herida en la mano derecha. De 22 años

Grumete: Francisco de la Torre. Natural de Sanlúcar. Ojos pequeños y pardos señal de herida encima del labio alto. Cejas gruesas, de 19 años

Grumete: Andrés Hernández. Natural de Sanlúcar, mediano carirredondo, cejas negras y gruesas, señal en la frente de herida, de 18 años.

Paje: Manuel Pérez. Natural de Ayamonte. Ojos hundidos señal de herida en la frente al lado derecho de edad de 15 años

Grumete: Gonzalo Tirado. Natural de Sanlúcar. Cejas gruesas y negras, lunar junto a la boca en el lado derecho, ojos pardo, de edad de 19 años.

Grumete: Alonso de Ortega. Natural de Sanlúcar, cejijunto, pelo crespo, moreno, ojos negros, de edad de 19 años.

Bastimentos para el viaje

25 quintales de bizcocho ordinario
3 balcas de carne
9 quintales bacalao
10 fanegas garbanzo
3 fanegas de haba
200 botijas de vino
5 botijuelas aceite
12 botijas vinagre
200 botijas agua
3 pipas de agua
Sal y leña lo necesario

SITTING HERE WAITING FOR MY NEW SUB-BOTTOM PROFILER TO BE DELIVERED AND JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE STRATABOX. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Seahunter, good to hear from you, hope you had a good Christmas, and best wishes for the new year.

Nope, do they offer any type of training with the deal? My guess is that its going to be record interpretation thats going to require some patience and practice. How did the vessel hunt go?

Regards,
Brad

Hi Brad
Scotty and I traveled the country looking at all kinds of vessels, shrimp boats, barges, landing crafts, crew boats, you name it. From Maine to Texas to Louisiana to Alabama and both coasts of Florida. I bought a motorhome and we just traveled all the port cities looking at boats. I am going to end up buying a twin diesel fifty foot landing craft that we can put a knuckleboom and all the other neccesary pumps and compressors on and use this year while we have a two story seventy foot twin diesel barge built, basically a big jack up rig, that we can house six or eight crew members on.
Well the stratabox just got here so I am going to see how it works. I will keep you updated.
Seahunter

Attachments

• Boats 037.jpg
    Boats 037.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,734
SEAHUNTER said:
Hi Brad
Scotty and I traveled the country looking at all kinds of vessels, shrimp boats, barges, landing crafts, crew boats, you name it. From Maine to Texas to Louisiana to Alabama and both coasts of Florida. I bought a motorhome and we just traveled all the port cities looking at boats. I am going to end up buying a twin diesel fifty foot landing craft that we can put a knuckleboom and all the other necessary pumps and compressors on and use this year while we have a two story seventy foot twin diesel barge built, basically a big jack up rig, that we can house six or eight crew members on.
Well the stratabox just got here so I am going to see how it works. I will keep you updated.
Seahunter

HI Seahunter,

Do you have an appromate timeframe that it will take you to refit the landing craft. Trying to work out my leave schedule with the office so I can come down an join you for some diving. Also what is the best time to come down, due to the hurricane season that affects your area.

Let me know as I would like to join you and the rest of the diver on this adventure.

DandyDon

SeaHunter,

I want to thank you again for starting this thread, which has been one of the most interesting we have had on TreasureNet (at least while I have been participating).

I hope, and am sure that, 2007 will be an interesting and productive one for you, and I look forward to many more, interesting postings from you, and from the people who are lucky enough to share the experience in person with you. Your generosity in allowing others to share in your adventure is wonderful.

Mariner

Hi Seahunter, Would love to join you for some diving later on in the year. I live in the UK but will be in and out of Miami for most of the summer and could join you for a day or two at a time. Keep up the good work and have a great New Year's.Mike.

Hi Don
The best and most predictable weather for diving is basically May through October ands we should be up and running with a fulltime crew on at least two boats by May. Let me know when you are thinking of coming.

Mariner
Thankyou for the kind words. I get most of my enjoyment doing this through sharing with others.I feel lucky to be able to do this and want to share it.

Mike
You are more than welcome to join us whenever you are here.

Cornelius
Thank you. You are to kind. I am really not that generous. You see the more people I share it with the more fun I have. Actually kind of selfish. This year I probably met twenty, no thirty of the best people I could ever hope to meet and we had a great time. I just can't get enough of it. . I look forward to everyone joining us, in whatever way they can, this year and for many years to come.
Let's all have some fun!!!

Seahunter

Cornelius said:
Seahunter . Thank you for all you did for so many of us . Your unselfishness is a sign of your character . May God bless you . Cornelius
Cornelious
I think he already did. I get to treasure hunt in my own home town, and I get to bring all you guy's with me, and it's legal !!!!

Thank You God

That's also another reason I share it so freely, He can take away that which he has given. Karma.

Seahunter

Seahunter,

Just take the wheels off that motorhome you bought,put it on a large barge an you have enough room for houseing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back