What's new

Whos Left-Handed?

AU24K

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
15,500
Reaction score
14,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's Left-Handed?

I'm left-handed.
Are you?
Do you have any stories about difficulties you've encountered in a "right-hander's world?"

I've found out that there are:
left handed scissors, baseball gloves, golf clubs, bowling balls and shoes, splitting mauls and even pencils!

What can you add to being left-handed?

Best Wishes,
Scott
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

When I used to camp, we always aent the rookies for a left-handed wind ahifter
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

spartacus53 said:
When I used to camp, we always aent the rookies for a left-handed wind ahifter

Rookies=Tenderfeet?

In Boy Scouts, when we were camping, we'd say to the first timer that the wind is blowing from such and such direction. Go to the Scout Master's Campsite and ask him for some left-handed matches to light the campfire. :laughing7:

Best,
Scott

PS. Oh, and Snipe hunting....the feathers are valuable.... :tongue3:
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

Guilty.
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

Scott, I suggest that maybe you move to Europe, that will be the closet you'll see to a left handed world. Just think, they made cars designed for you to feel at home. :tongue3:
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

Back in the day..when factories abounded and each had it's "stores", any newbies on the job always got sent to the stores for silly things. A "long stand", a "box of sparks for the grinder", a "bucket of blue steam", and where this post is concerned...a "left handed hammer"! :tongue3:
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

True story. I went to a Catholic school for a while and the teacher (nun) said I was "Possessed of the Devil" because I wrote with my left hand and I was actually slapped on the back of my hand with a ruler on numerous occasions when I got caught writing that way. All of the desks in that "school" had the writing surface wrap around from the right to accommodate right-handers only. I had to put the paper to my right and reach way over with my left hand twisted more than most left handers already do. My younger brother sent me a wind up nun some years back just for the memories. ;D When you wind her up she walks and sparks come out of her mouth. Funny thing is, I throw, bat, shoot, bowl, fish etc. all with my right hand. I eat with both. :icon_thumleft:
I figure with the millions they have given out to the molest victims, my mis-treatment should be worth a couple hundred. Hmmmmm.....maybe she was right. :o Note the ruler in the pic.
 

Attachments

  • nun.webp
    nun.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 365
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

spartacus53 said:
Scott, I suggest that maybe you move to Europe, that will be the closet you'll see to a left handed world. Just think, they made cars designed for you to feel at home. :tongue3:

OK.
I was in Germany back in the 70's.
I drove on the Autobahn.
It was still messed up for my liking. Oh, I loved the speed, but wasn't used to the changes.

Best,
Scott
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

I am both handed, but the worst was learning to shift with my left hand in England and I never did know just where my left fender was,until I taped an american flag onto it.otherwise I only got severely honked at one time. my buddy told my wife ,if you can see the yellow line ,maam you are in deep....! Bob
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

I'm both handed too Bob, but I write left handed, so when I want to give the thumbs-up on here, I always pick the lefty icon. I hate spiral bound notebooks, they are the worst thing for me writing with my left hand, If it's just my notebook, I'll turn it upside down, around and backwards. It works. I use my right hand quite a bit, and if I stop to think about it, all of a sudden both hands feel awkward, :-\

:icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

AU24K there really is a snipe bird although I do remember the "snipe hunts" of the scouts. I led a few and was surprised to see how long it took some kids to catch on.

Most of the Presidents were left handers, does that tell you something? Depending on your point of view! Frank
PS My father was ambidextrous, but me only partly.
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

Always remember those of us that are left handed are the only ones that are in the right frame of mind. They do make left handed bows, knifes, fishing reels & guns & I think my MXT is left handed.
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

My brother is left handed and when he was in grade school, the teacher used to force him to write with his right hand. To this day, i can barely read his handwriting.
I write righty, bat lefty or righty, and kick a football lefty.
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

mountainman 2 said:
My brother is left handed and when he was in grade school, the teacher used to force him to write with his right hand. To this day, i can barely read his handwriting.
I write righty, bat lefty or righty, and kick a football lefty.
My older brother is left handed and he taught me how to swing a baseball bat. I'm right handed and swing lefty and golf lefty!
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

I am the only one in my family(who is still alive, that I know of) who is left handed.

In school, the teachers wanted me to write right handed. My Mom told them to leave the boy alone and let him be left handed.
My Mom also taught me at an early age how to use things like a can opener and scissors right handed.
My Daddy taught me how to shoot a rifle right handed.
Everything else is adaptable. :wink:

Best,
Scott
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

I just realized that belts are right handed.
If you have a belt with your name on it or say a logo, if you are left handed, you thread it on starting with your right side.
That makes your name or logo upside down.

Best,
Scott
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

The whole world is for right handers. Look at your keyboard. Where is the numbers keypad? Yup, on your right. On a desk calculator the +, -, = signs etc. are all on the right. The mouse on your computer and instructions for it's use are for right handers. Watches have the windup or adjustment knob on the right of the face. Even if you wear your watch on your right hand it's quite difficult, if not sometimes impossible, to change the time while still wearing it. When I write, like I said I write lefty, I slant my writing to the right like this ///////////. If I am using a clipboard the clip at the top obstructs my hand movement if I'm writing near the top of the paper. I have to use the clipboard upside down. The keypad on my microwave is on the right and the door opens from right to left causing you to use your right hand to load and unload the dish. Could go on and on. Still can't figure out why the flush handle is usually on the left though. :dontknow:....................... :coffee2:
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

Lol, the throne handle isn't on the left when sitting down!!!! I had the same issue with the Nun's, she was all of 4 foot tall and her name was Sister Noel, boy could she make me sing when she hit me with that ruler! your car / truck ignition key is on the right side! Oh here's another, remember the old saying righty tighty, lefty loosey, refering how you tightened or loosened a nut off of a screw!!!!
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

If you flush before you get up how are you going to know what a great job you did?
Must be strange for Brits to shift a manual transmission with their left hand. The first Brit cars must have been designed by a left-hander. Gotta do some research. ;D
 
Re: Who's Left-Handed?

Very time I look at gun holsters,There's 100s for righty and maybe 3 for lefty's or Rifles that eject the case at your head.
Everything made for left handed people is 3 times the price if they even make.
One good thing was when I showed my son how to tie his shoes he is right handed, Being face to face it look it looked right to him
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom