What's new

Whose money is it?

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
You go to the bank looking for halves and spot a dozen silvers in the tellers tray. She tells you that she does not have any halves, or she says she is keeping them for herself.
Who owns the money ?
A. The teller
B. The Bank
C. The Federal Reserve
D. None of the above
 
Upvote 0
Sounds like a teller held out on you Rich. The answer is B of course.I've had that happen a few times to me but i don't like to make waves.
 
Nope it hasn't happened to me,at least not that I can remember. It's a hypothetical scenario and a trick question.
 
D

The coins belong to the people, and should be made available to anyone who request them......

Did I pass the test?

Mojo
 
Nothing worse than a tug-o-war match with a teller. I know, I only did it once, and I won.
 
If it is a bank you are not "loyal to" I say fight it out. If it were just one 40%er I would say weigh the situation. You could fight for it or leave it and keep a future bridge in tact.

Golden Silver
 
You got it Mojo ! None of the above. The money belongs to the people.
 
If i had that issue - i'd grab the manager - make a bit of a stink for the camera (but first be sure it's worth it) and i bet they end up in your pocket. Betcha lose some friends at that branch though.
 
The money on the teller's bin is bank money but the teller just as any CRH can decide
to buy the coins he wants at the end of his shift.

I do not know why they keep them in view because they can just place them out of view.

DW
 
Rich Hartford said:
You got it Mojo ! None of the above. The money belongs to the people.
What does he win? :)
 
He wins one searched $1000.00 bag of dimes. Which is guaranteed to contain 700 foreign coins,8 washers,4 bobby pins, 3 hand rolled wooly-boogers, and several items of an unknown origin. All for just $1000.00 plus P&H.
 
It's obvious that the teller knows about silver coins and has laid a claim to them. Why would you raise hell and make yourself(and other coin collectors) look like complete fools, all for a few bits of silver. Have some dignity and move on :thumbsup:.. Good luck, Gpurs..
 
Gpurs,

This was just a hypothetical situation, that was part of a trick question, that I posted in a moment of boredom.
 
GPURS said:
It's obvious that the teller knows about silver coins and has laid a claim to them. Why would you raise hell and make yourself(and other coin collectors) look like complete fools, all for a few bits of silver. Have some dignity and move on :thumbsup:.. Good luck, Gpurs..
Why? Well, you must first understand the problems associated with an addiction.
 
Rich Hartford said:
He wins one searched $1000.00 bag of dimes. Which is guaranteed to contain 700 foreign coins,8 washers,4 bobby pins, 3 hand rolled wooly-boogers, and several items of an unknown origin. All for just $1000.00 plus P&H.

I musta got that prize in advance...... :dontknow:

Mojo
 
when it comes down to it i would have to say that it is the banks money and the teller is put in charge of it. the teller is the gate kepper, and decides which coins go out the gate. anyway that is how i have seen it happen. not worth making waves over a few coins and mess up your relationship with your supply or dump bank(s).
 
gPURS kREEPERS! I would not raise a stink at a local bank and one that you visit often. It could make for uncomfortable future visits. I was refering to out of town banks that you may not see again for a good while. As far as making a bad name for coin roll hunters... there is a way of being polite but making a point. I don't think you should reach across the counter and wring necks.

Golden Silver
 
golden silver, the banks in your area must be alot friendlier than the ones around here. when i go into a bank anywhere within a 100 mile radius of my home usually the first question is "do you have an account here?" after i say no they refuse to sell me any coins.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom