Why a Fishers instead of one of the others?

S

sobered91

Why a Fisher's instead of one of the others?

Hi,

I've decided to get involved with metaldetecting,but there's so much information abot all the different detectors that it's got my head swimming.
I've never been involved with detecting before,so I need a top of the line detector that's the easiest to use.
I'll be moving to England,so I'm going to need a detector that will shoot coins,as well as be a good relic hunter.
So,to the subject,why a Fisher's instead of one of the others?

oldman

Dec 5, 2004
Re: Why a Fisher's instead of one of the others?

Moving to England, use a Tejon Detector. bill

CaribBrad

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2009

I am not sure either...JW fisher is 2 or 3X more expensive than the highly reccommended Garrett. I wonder why.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The JW Fisher is basiclly a water PI type detector and there is no reason for them to be priced higher. For coins and relics I can't recommend the other Fisher anymore since they are owned by First Texas, the same folks that make Bounty Hunter.

The Whites DFX has been a fantastic coin and relic in the UK. or else where. Having a top of the line doesn't really make it easier to use, just more adjustments if you want them. But they have programs for turn on and go.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well Fishers seem like they can be swung alot faster than some other detectors . I have a lower end Fisher F2 wich is one of the best and easyest coin machines i ever used and ive used quiet a few detectors. Also in general there pretty light and have pretty good id systems. A Fisher f70 or a F75 would be a good choice for coins relics and jewlry. Good luck

H

HAVE DETECTOR WILL TRAVEL

If you are looking for a underwater plus land detector you may want to look at the Tiger shark. Awesome all around detector with the best warranty from a friendly company. The Pulse 8x is truly a commercial underwater detector and it can take a hell of a beating which is why I believe it costs so much. The one large button and the pvc/forearm handle are the only things that have ever broken on mine and I treat it pretty rough. I was able to fix them myself without sending them in to get fixed. The Tiger Shark is maid by Tesoro, and you can't ask for a better company to stand behind a product than those guys. I had a 20 year old second hand Lobo that I asked if they could go over for me. Paid for shipping there and they took care of the rest in high fashion. I'm hard to please, but they got my vote.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

This post started in 2005. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread